I paid .65p for enough pieces to make 4 bumble bees. I soooo want this die and I think it's made by Sizzix. Sadly it may be a discontinued one so that's not likely to happen any time soon then.

Once I assembled the bumble bees I decided on a colour scheme. Of course it would include yellow and black and I finally settled on red for the complimenting colour. These are mini cards so I wanted to cram a whole bunch of detail into the small amount of space I had to work with.
I created the white squares with text using my computer and added further details with a black pen.

I had a great deal of fun rummaging through all my craft supplies to find yellow brads and butons, polka dot items such as the paper and ribbon and I even used some clear glitter.
If I had cut these bees out myself I might've used a very pale blue for the wings or even a vellum but since I didn't I wanted to make the wings seem even more like wings.

You might just about be able to see the glitter sparkling on this close up shot. I also edged the white squares with red ink to tie it altogether.
Where would I be without my favourites like 'faux stitches', 'dots', 'inking', and 'scallops' huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment