Saturday, 3 May 2008

One for Mom

We may have had Mother's Day here in the UK but in America it's celebrated in May - not sure why since Father's Day is the same as ours - but hey I just go with it.


I always had to remember to get 2 cards each year, give one to my 'mum' and save one for my 'mom'. I confess I haven't always been good at remembering to do this over the years. Now it doesn't matter because I can simply craft a card.



This is mom's card this year. It started out as a postcard that I bought at a christian retreat weekend. I loved the colours, the design and verse and I just knew it would make a nice card for mom. I added ribbon, brads, a green scalloped mat, the text 'mother' and mounted it onto decorated card stock.



See - it doesn't always have to be about creating the artwork - a ready made source works just as well.


This is what I'm including as her gift. I recycled one of the clear acetate boxes that my latest Paper Trey Ink stamps came in to create a pretty package to present it in. She can recycle the box further if she wants to and I added plenty of sheer ribbon so she can re-use that too.

Inside is the cutest little 'vintage' look bag with two pockets. The front pocket is full of mounted scripture verses and pretty ribbon bows. The pocket to the rear is full of handmade cards and envelopes ready to have finishing touches added before sending. Since I used pretty paper roses on the front of the bag I decided to include a bunch of them as well and they look so pretty tucked in the top of the bag.

This is a second bag I'm working on but this side shot shows the bag in a bit more detail. I plan to make my favourite 'realistic' daisies to use with this one.


I added the pretty paper to the cards so all mom has to do is choose the text (verse of scripture), secure it to the card where she wants it to go, add flowers and a bow and voila!


This is another idea. I didn't get time to put instructions in the kit so these last two photos are for mom to give her an idea how to finsih off the cards. A quick tip mom: Take two roses and twist them together with 2 or 3 twists to keep them together and then curl the ends - much less fiddly this way.

Mom if you're reading this today or tomorrow, this is in the post on it's way to you. Now you can get all excited because you're expecting a package!

See why I say 'nothin says lovin'. We love you mom so enjoy your day :-)

No comments: