Saturday, 3 May 2008

A Little Something for Jessica

Jessica has been such a sweetheart lately, she has always been a 'daddy's girl' but it's nice when she and I can share something special. Since it's her birthday tomorrow I am especially pleased to be able to make a little something for her. She is a bit of a crafter and has started giving me handmade gifts in the last year or so so she really appreciates a handmade gift when she gets one.

I bought her a couple of things a few weeks ago but I wanted to tuck a gift card in as well. I had seen a really neat idea on SCS to make a little presentation card to put one in and I knew it would be perfect for her.


This is the front of the gift card holder. I kept the colours bright because the card inside was pink and girlie. The black and white paper was actually some funky wrapping paper I purchased last year meaning to do a project with but never quite got a round to it. It was perfect because I also used it to wrap her other gifts so everything co-ordinated nicely.

The front opened to reveal a cute saying inside (think I got this from 'two peas' a few years ago) and a decorated centre section that has the gift card tucked neatly inside so it can be pulled out.

This is the card as it stands open. I decorated the other side of the centre panel and added a plain block to the inside back for a personal message. The back is decorated similar to the front and I cut a few flowers from the wrapping paper to add inside.

She keeps saying she desperately needs some new make-up so she should be able to get some now. She won't be expecting a package so I hope she's as excited to get this one as I was to get mine!

No comments: