Getting back to Lasting Memories
Sad circumstances forced me to take a break from my DT work for Lasting Memories but it's high time I got back to it. Karen - you have been super patient with me so a big THANKS to you m'dear :-) Your support was very much needed and appreciated. It's good to be back even if I am dreadfully dis-organised and out of the routine right now. And just when I thought I'd cracked it our computer went belly up! Thankfully we know a very sweet gal who is a whizz with this kind of thing so here I am.
Well less chat and more posting I think. This week's project had to feature punches and I was glad of a chance to finish one of Maddy's baby pages. I needed some embellishments in the lower right hand corner so I grabbed me some circle punches.
I started by cutting me some circles and snipping away here and there to create funky kind of flowers. Then I punched out several circles to add centres to my blooms. I finished them off by adding pen details everywhere and layered them up surrounding my title tag.
Here's a shot of the finished page and just for balance I added an extra flower in the upper left. It's a nice way to draw the eye across the page diagonally.
I've used this 'faux frame' technique before and it's a super way to create a clever effect and a really quick page all at the same time.
Apologies that I'm late in posting this but if you haven't yet checked out the other DT creations hop on over to Lasting Memories and check em' out! I'll try to be on time with the next one I promise.
1 comment:
Suezie, it's so good to see you back!! I am loving this page, my goodness, what a doll. You rocked this challenge my friend!!
You're very welcome by the way, I'm glad I could help, even from the other side of this big ole world!! That's what friends are for, right?? Nice to have ya back!!
Post a Comment