First off let me share my newly acquired lace storage. Not only am I a lover of old lace, buttons and trimmings (anything vintage actually) I am also a huge fan of anything shiny especially old or pretty glass. I never imagined I'd ever own even one blue Ball glass jar let alone two! Mom had a case of these in her shed so I helped myself to a couple and they washed up a treat. Sadly they both got a slight chip on the rim getting them home in a suitcase but it's not noticeable with the screw lids in place. Besides I'm not ever going to part with them. I've already had this out with both my daughters who drooled over them - sorry girls!
If I ever get my craft room revamped they will sit proudly on display and I love that they're totally functional too. I love salvaging old lace and buttons - so sad that most people don't bother to do this these days. And I have even been known to buy something at a charity store, flea market or car boot sale just to pick off the lace. We have a tester above our bed which has a beautiful gathered lace trim maybe 6" or 8" deep which I pain stakingly picked off an otherwise plain net curtain. At just 50p it was a steal.

I stopped in town today and picked up maybe 8 copies of this photo of mom. It's one of my absolute favourites for so many reasons and I plan to share it with family so I knew instantly what my page subject would be. I love that I can fit a piece of scripture to this shot as well and I know mom would approve.

So this is how my page turned out - clean and simple with a couple of pretty lace flower embellishments. It actually has a black background but I kinda lost it in my shot - sorry.

And here's a close up of the larger flower. I layered up 2 sizes of gathered lace, the smaller one in the centre of the larger one. Then I added a pretty embroidered 'trio' of blue flowers to the centre to finish it off.
This page is proof that even if you're short on time you can still create a quick, simple and eye pleasing layout. I hope to play around with these photos, colour schemes and styles to create several pages to give.
And lastly I wanted to share a few more 'turbies' I managed to make. The white floral CK one on the left (above) I may well give to my mother. I think maybe she'd find using one of these much easier than a heavy towel. The pretty in pink one to the right is a child's version for Maddycakes. In fact she's the reason these all got started in the first place so I HAD to make her a pretty one. I think she's gonna LOVE it and I hope she brings it with her next time she comes to stay so I can see just how cute she looks in it. If I can get a photo of her wearing it I'll post it later.
And finally a couple more CK turbies. I finally broke down and used some of the yummy CK fabric Jessica bought me. I plan on giving the pink one to my doctor when I see her tomorrow. I even created instructions so that when I give these everyone will know just how to use them.
Well I am beginning to catch up on DT projects. Hopefully tomorrow I can get my PT project done and then my class samples before it all starts again! Christmas is just around the corner and I have so much more to do still. Why does it always creep up on you and then gallop ahead at full speed? No matter how prepared I think I am I can never quite get ahead!



1 comment:
Hey there! Glad to see you play along again this week! Great idea for your lace storage and beautiful photo too. I can see why you would want to share that and your page is gorgeous. She would be proud of that!!!
Hugs;
Karen
Post a Comment