Tuesday, 9 November 2010

Project Tuesday

Seems like forever since I posted a Project Tuesday item but here I am - a bit out of practise but I'm back.

This week's challenge was to create a 'genie bag' and I'm surprised I've never done this one before - always meant to - just never got around to it.  Can't we all say that?  Well I made mine way too big to die-cut my handles in my big shot so if you haven't yet made yours that's worth bearing in mind.  If only I'd started with a smaller bag but I simply wasn't thinkin that far - DER!  Clearly I wasn't thinkin cos I cut off the bags original handles and I could have left them on!


Things are a bit here and there in my craft room right now and I'm a bit out of touch so I grabbed a few things close to hand and this is what I came up with for this week.  I think I'd still like to have another attempt - just a smaller one so now that I've made one I'm sure I'll make another one before Christmas.  It's a lovely way to make home made packaging for your hand made gifts and even the store bought ones.  Pretty packaging is super expensive to buy so that's even more reason to make your own too. 



This is a side view showing the bag I used as my base.  After adding front and back panels of paper and cardstock I grabbed a paper flower, some ribbons, a green button, punched holes for the ribbon and a genie bag was born!  What a fab way to recycle too!

Hop on over to Project Tuesday to check out the details of how you can make your own version and then upload and share why don't ya.  I 'd love to see it.

3 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

What a super job on this. I didn't get a chance to get the materials I needed to complete it. This is super cute though!

Jean Addis said...

Very pretty! It's so good to see you back.

Sarah Gough said...

Gorgeous! So good to have you back!