I have had a scripture album on the go for the past two years now so I thought it might be nice to do another page to go in it. It's designed with an easel opening to sit open in a 'portrait' style so I have it on display on one of the end tables in the sitting room and every now and then I change the view by flipping over to another page. I store all the spare 5" x 7" photos in the last pocket ready to use when I feel like creating another page and this time I chose a shot of my eldest daughter and the kiddies.
I always try to pick papers and a verse of scripture that I think suits the photo. I had to work clever to ensure that words like 'us', 'daughter', 'faith' & 'love' could still be seen and even the word 'always' sits nicely right before the text I added that says 'honour one another'.
Since the idea was to add something 3D this week I used foam pads on my text strips (above). In addition I layered up my embellishments with foam pads and 'popped' them out even more when I added them to my page. Sorry you can't see this from my photos - you'll just have to trust me!
Finally I added more 3D elements when I added the layered corners at the left hand side of the page. I ran all of my embellishments through my Big Shot machine using an embossing folder and then inked them up.
I now have this page proudly on display so I shall enjoy looking at it for awhile. Doing this week's challenge reminded me how nice it is to add to this album so I hope it won't be so long before I do the next one!
Stop on over to Lasting Memories, check out the other DT creations for inspiration and then get scrapbooking. We'd love you to join in the fun this week.
Enjoy!




2 comments:
this is beautiful and what a great idea to display them :)
We’re a group of volunteers and starting a brand new initiative in a community. Your weblog supplied us valuable information to work on. You have done a marvellous work!
Post a Comment