Class 1 was this Tuesday and featured an easel topped drawer complete with a presentation box. It was a lot to get done in a single 2 hour class so we worked on getting the various components made and left the decoration till last. I was keen to use one of the Christmas collections from Craftwork Cards and Kay chose this design for me to work with.
The class was smaller than usual and we all knew each other so it turned out to be real fun and it was good to be back teaching again especially since I've missed everyone. These photos were taken in store after class rather than my usual 'posed' shots at home so they're not my best I'm afraid but hopefully you get the picture LOL!
Once opened up another entire box lifts out revealing a sweet little drawer - perfect for a sweet gift (yum) - topped by an easel card making it a card and gift in one. The drawer is just under 5" x 5" and nearly 1" deep so it'll take quite a few small gift items if you give it some thought.
I even decorated the inside of the drawer some - why not? Besides the more you 'bulk up' the drawer the sturdier it becomes. My samples have to take a lot of abuse like opening and closing numerous times and even though these shots were taken on the night of the class I think it's held up pretty good.
As this one belongs to the store I decided to make one for myself (mine's green and purple) but with so much work involved I didn't get a chance to finish it. If I can I'll tinker with it this weekend and post it later but I really must get into my DT work again too. I have completely gotten out of my routine as well as my crafting so I need to be super disciplined with myself and get back to it especially as I have chosen the projects for December over at Project Tuesday. I just need to remind myself what I chose, find the rest of my mojo and get crafting so I can get excited about it! I'm sure once I get started I will.
The next class at YTOC is on 17 November and features the purple and silver Christmas page using Craftwork products that I featured earlier here on my blog. We'll be stamping, heat embossing, punching out and generally having some scrapbooking fun. I like that I can squeeze in a scrapbook page every now and then to mix it up a bit. The last class of the year is on 1 December and is one I'm REALLY looking forward to teaching. I have been desperate to teach my little paper sack gift pocket project (my sample still needs making). I just have to play around with the Bo Bunny papers I picked out to get inspired.
My mojo is there somewhere it's just proving slow to return to me I'm afraid. My eldest daughter is going to be stopping in on Wednesdays from here on so I can help her craft up a bunch of Christmas pressies (plus do my own too) so maybe that'll get me back on track. Certainly can't hurt huh? Anyhow I am looking forward to spending time with her. I just love my girls and I miss hanging out with them more. We are planning to all be together for Christmas this year so I'm really looking forward to having them both around for a few days even if it will prove noisy, busy and hectic - who cares - it's worth it and I can't wait! Now that's something I CAN get excited about :-)!



2 comments:
Well Suezie a little Mojo is better than no Mojo. Glad to see you back and crafting again. Love the little box you made.
Hey Suezie!! Nice to see you crafting again! This is so pretty and just so happy to see that mojo trying to come back, whether it's slow or not, it's there!
Post a Comment