I had major trouble getting my photos printed for this page or it would've been posted a whole lot sooner. Better late than never I guess huh? Now that it's done these photos are hard to look at with mom no longer here but I'm so glad we made this trip even if it did put me off doing it again for a long while. Nothing like 3 days stuck in airports over Christmas due to snow - one of which was trying to sleep on the floor of Denver airport on Christmas Eve! NOT a good experience so I needed some love like this when we finally arrived just in time for dinner on Christmas day no less!
Anyhow the challenge was to use your Cricut or dies on a page. Since I don't yet own a Cricut I had Amanda cut out my title for me and I used my Sizzix holly die - an oldie but a goody so I guess I was able to do both. The title was 'Special Christmas' - very appropriate since it was our first back together in twenty years and the sentiment was 'hearts come home for Christmas' - that's evident in the shot of mom and me.
Poor ol' Dave - his mom and he had to wait while we girls hugged, cried and then cried some more. I swear I thought I would never draw breath again mom hugged me so tight and for so long!
I designed this page a couple of years ago and took enough supplies to teach my sisters-in-love as well as mom on this trip back home. I just never got around to doing my page cos I was so busy teaching it. I created the 'baubles' by cutting out circles from my paper and used simple blocks of paper which were kind of stacked to resemble packages. Since I prepped all the elements I already had printed text except for the text which explains these shots hence the different font. Sure wish I knew which one I used cos I hate that it's not all the same.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll get this week's challenge done - to recycle something. I have some pretty lace I unpicked from an old tablecloth that I'm thinkin about using. Why not stop in over at Lasting Memories and check out the other DT gals designs to get inspired. I'm adding this one to last week's but check back for more.



No comments:
Post a Comment