This week's project was a 'swing top card'. You may notice that it's pretty much the same process as another project earlier this year but it never hurts to revisit a cool idea. You can find the details here.
I went to my scrap box for this project and simply grabbed a few papers that I thought would work nicely together. I somehow managed to have almost the exact same colour scheme as the last one but then red is my absolutely favourite colour and this pretty floral paper was my inspiration.
I used a block from Cosmo Cricket that says 'hi' because it was at hand and chose to use WM stamps for accents. These just happen to be out on the table right now as I work through workshop projects when I feel up to it.
Once you swing open the top part of the card you see my text underneath. I thought this WM stamp fit my project perfectly and of course that mean't that I had to add those 'oh so cute' WM stamped flowers too.
I just love cutting these out and piecing them back together again. They make such simple but pretty embellishments.
If you're wondering where my hinge is - it's hidden underneath the ribbon. I decided I didn't want it to show so I used an ordinary brad and made sure it sat underneath the ribbon so it didn't show.
Between my mother's b'day and the funeral of our young youth leader Kezia who was killed in a car accident recently Monday was a busy day. It was all too easy to overdo and not get a bit of rest in when I needed it so I was suffering for it Tuesday and couldn't get my post done. I know I am well on the mend now but just when I think I'm all ok my body reminds me it's still healing!
Today I have a walk planned with my BFF Jilly and a bit more walking over the next couple of weeks should help. I will do better next time around I promise!



3 comments:
LOVE it :) and those stamps... must look for them!!
How pretty!!! Love the paper!!!
Suezie, this is oh so cute and you know how much I love this WM stamp set.
Post a Comment