Sunday, 6 June 2010

Project Tuesday 8 June

This week's project was super quick and super easy. It actually took longer to decorate up the box lid than it did to make the entire box - honest!




This little exploding box takes a simple bit of scoring, folding and voila! The lid is based on the same process but then cut to create 4 tabs which are secured in place and there you have it. One very neat, super quick little package. The basic principal is that you need to divide your card stock equally into thirds so you can create a noughts & crosses (tic, tac, toe) pattern.


You can check out the rest of the Project Tuesday DT samples and follow the link to make one of your own here. I have a friend coming over this week to look at wedding ideas and I think these would make great wedding favours. You can make them any size, add details of the day/couple inside, fill em up with mints or almonds then simply tie them up with pretty ribbons and a tag. How cute would they be? Hhhmmmmmm ? Maybe I should make up a wedding sample to show her.





Once the lid is removed the box 'explodes' open to reveal what's inside. I chose to put a message in my box but I also wanted to fill it with a small gift item. We have some good friends and neighbours who own a guest house just over the road and Sheila was turning 60. We had been invited along to her b'day BBQ which was a very grand affair with a band and everything and definately NOT to be missed! I had purchased a pretty necklace that worked perfectly with this little box. I wrapped it in tissue paper so that when she lifted it out she would see the message underneath.




Since I wanted my box to be the entire packaging and I had already made a card for her (WMSC1 challenge) I used the same cardstock, papers and WM stamps to co-ordinate my gift and card. Although it takes time to stamp, cut and piece these flowers back together I never tire of working with them. I often craft either in my craft room or the kitchen so when I reach the point where I've stamped all my flowers I usually take them and a pair of scissors into the sitting room and join my hubby for a while. I like to enjoy his company and craft at the same time when I can.



I also love stamping them onto pattern papers for added interest. I had made my card for the first WMS challenge but I had to change the sentiment to something more simple. I removed the buttons and added a small black gem instead. These little gems were perfect for the centres of the flowers too.


Sheila had a lovely b'day party and we had a fab time. It is always like a reunion when we get invited to their house since we have so many mutual friends and it's lovely to catch up with them all. It was also my first 'social' event since my op and it was nice that it was just across the road so I could easily come home when I'd had enough excitement. Funny how that wasn't until after the desserts huh?
Well I hope you'll be inspired to play along with us this week. I could think of sooooo many uses for this little box - baby shower favours, kids party favours, women's retreat - even cupcakes! If you start with a 12" x 12" sheet you get a pretty good sized box and you can always use brads or snaps to secure the sides too. ENDLESS possibilities so ENJOY!

7 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

This is beautiful. Love the colors and the matching card! I made one for mine too, but it's an upcoming PT challenge, so have to wait! LOL! You did awesome with this challenge!

Jean Addis said...

What a pretty, coordinating set. It's so colorful. Sheila is one lucky lady...I bet she loves her gift.

KimS said...

Very pretty!!! Love those flowers and all the wonderful colors!!

Jennifer Meyer said...

What a beautiful set Suezie, Your card and box are amazing and I LOVE the gorgeous layering with this stamp set - WOW!

Have a fun week ~ Hugs, Jennifer :)

Sherry Eckblad said...

OMG this is just stunning. I love everything about it from the colors you used to the stamp set you used. I think you like to tease me with that stamp set as you know how much I want one.

Anonymous said...

Suezie, I have to learn how to do those boxes. Also will have to get the stamps. Then maybe I can get back into scrapping! I'm glad you are feeling better. Love you, Mom

Rose said...

WOW!!! girl you made an awesome box and card :) sounds like you had a blast at the party.
sorry it took awhile to get here, had teeth out on Tuesday so just now getting on line. hope your feeling almost back to norm :)