Sunday, 13 June 2010

No Crafts - Just Happy Ramblings

Today I wanted to share a post with NO crafts at all. You may or may not be interested then but I'm sharing anyways. I know Mom will be.


I have been looking forward to this Sunday for a long time. It's the annual car boot sale event in a local village just 4 miles from us. People in the village sign up to have a car boot/garage sale (yard sale) and the village produces a map of all the homes involved which they then sell to raise funds. There were 42 houses taking part so there were plenty to choose from and we get to wander around the entire village looking at all the houses. We also know several people who live in this village so we tend to bump into some of them. We both saw a few work colleagues which was a nice surprise - especially as I'm off work recovering right now.

I am supposed to be trying to get out and walk a bit more and this was just the slow, gentle kind of walking I needed right now - plus I love a bargain hunt! We also had Maddycakes with us for the day and she was hunting for clothes for her babydoll. We were on a mission then!

I don't have photos of the carboot sales to share as I could hardly take photos of people's homes now could I? I still want to share a couple of photos I took today though. Scroll on if you're interested. If not then I promise I will try and post a craft real soon.



I love to walk a bit behind sometimes so I can take a few photos of my view. As it happens I was slower even than Maddycakes! I took this shot because Papa was holding her hand and keeping her safe - he always puts me (or in this case Maddy) on the inside - even if we cross the road he swaps sides and I love that. Plus there is the scale with a shot like this and then of course she has her babydoll in her arms (remember she was shopping for clothes to fit her babydoll) and he has our trusty car boot sale bag that folds up and the map in hand too. If you look to the right of the shot you can just make out one of the carboot sales we're headed for.
OK so maybe it doesn't mean much to anyone but me - I love this simple shot of the two of them together.


This shot makes me smile cos he's doing what he does best when we're out doing carboot sales - carrying our bargain finds. He's a good lad! In this shot Dave is loaded up with a child's garden table, umbrella and folding chairs that will be perfect outside Madyson's wooden playhouse for the summer. She and dolly tested out the chairs for size and it was perfect. She may outgrow it for next year but for only £3 I know she will get lots of fun and enjoyment from it this year so I consider it money well spent.

When we were finished (actually Maddy's 'potty dash' called a halt to the trekking) we stopped in at my BFF Jilly's house for a picnic lunch in her back yard.
My super sweet god-daughter (Jilly's daughter) presented us with a jar of her home made jam. It was her first attempt at jam making and she only made 5 jars. I was very honoured that she thought to part with one to us. I just loved how she'd taken the time to 'pretty' up the jar for me. That's a shot of her in the background.


She used a square of pretty fabric, twine and even a handmade label - how cute.


And finally I had to share this shot of the back of the label as it made me laugh - not that she's asking us to return the jar but the thought of us 'jamming it' as she puts it. The proof will be in the tasting for sure but if appearances are anything to go by I think she did a great job for her first time. I was planning on havin Jilly come help me make pickles and elderberry cordial this year - maybe I should ask Natasha instead - she seems to have gotten the bug!
After all this we headed home for a rest. I had probably done just a bit more walking than I should've and I knew it. I am not a good patient so I easily overdo but I get a very distinctive kind of pain that I am learning to listen to - it just gets progressively worse otherwise.
I had a great day out in the fresh air and sunshine which made a lovely change from being couped up indoors all the time. We didn't find everything we were looking for - Madyson got dolly clothes - a whole bag for just £1 and I'm a bit tired from it all but happy we were able to make it this year.

1 comment:

Rose said...

what a FUN day you all had!! OK I love to walk behind my hubby for the view hehehe what a beautiful and relaxing town to stroll around and i am so glad some doll clothes were found. that jam looks great :) well i am not the best patient either as i have been talking more than i should and now i am in more pain with my mouth. but it is so hard to follow drs orders 100%!!!