I knew I was gonna struggle with this week's project anyhow cos I am not a fan of glitter - don't know why - just never have been and can't quite explain it. I have very few glittery craft items like maybe only 2 glitter embossing powders and 1 or 2 glitter glues in small squeezy bottles - that type of stuff but I only have 1 colour loose glitter - white. Well white it was then!
Next I decided to use silver as an accent colour but wouldn't ya know it - I couldn't find my silver ink pad anywhere??? I decided I had to settle for grey instead. I would've preferred a silver ribbon rather than grey but oh well. By now it was crystal clear I was havin one of those days - know the kind I mean?
Onward and upward! Since I was using white EVERYTHING (pretty much) I added texture and layered up with dimension to try to pretty up my card a bit (it didn't work) and then finally added some bling.
I think it's safe to say I flopped miserably on this one. Are you allowed to say that when you're part of a design team? Or is this somehow against the rules? I'm just keepin it real people. I even debated with myself about adding in a bright colour so maybe this is where I went wrong - I dunno? I just feel it needed something - like starting all over again!
But it's NOT all bad. One good thing to come out of this week's challenge were these pretty glittery accents. I glittered up the die-cut pieces for a further project at some point. This is a VERY old die that comes out every now and then - you could say 'an oldy but a goody'. I was lookin at these flowers again this morning and started thinkin of a few cute Maddycakes projects - hhmmmmm?
Well I guess if I've learned anything this week it's that it's the taking part that's important NOT being the best and also that you have to at least TRY something new every now and then even if you don't want to! Isn't that why it's called a 'challenge'? I am soooooo looking forward to seeing what the other DT girls came up with and I want to see the creations of everyone who plays along too. It's highly likely my efforts will be further put to shame by many of you but I still can't wait to see them. Who knows? Maybe I'll even warm to glitter!


4 comments:
Well I think this is a very pretty card even if you think that you "flopped this one". I'm with you on the glitter....I very rarely use it, tooooo messy, but this was a fun project!
This is so pretty, Suezie! I don't think you flopped it at all. I love using glitter, but I do hate the mess. I actually had adhesive strips that I used for this. My inspiration was my nephew :) His b-day is coming up in July.
No fair being so hard on yourself. I love your monochromatic card. It looks terrific.
girl your card is stunning!! we are our own worst critic.
did you say "pulling teeth"?! ouch brings back my mouth pain lol
p.s. i don't care for glitter as it is messy!! but if you noticed i let the rebel out and used micro beads lol
Post a Comment