Thursday, 24 June 2010

Some more Waltzing Mouse For Ya!

OK so this time I decided NOT to sneak peek! I am still playin with WM stamps and still tryin to decide on the final projects for the workshop - there are just sooooo many lovely possibilities with these stamps that I am finding it hard to choose - seriously!


I am supposed to be doin other things today but I couldn't resist finishing off a card and sharing it (plus one I did a week back). Hope you likey.




I always confess to struggling with C&S but it is surprisingly easy to do using this particular set of stamps. All you need are a few of the cute images plus a sentiment and a black pen for some lines and dots. You know I love dots!

I needed samples to share for the workshop and I'm gettin down to scraps plus I was also spurred on by an invite to a garden tea party for charity from our neighbours. I can't make it as it's on 4th July and hubby and I decided it would be nice to host a BBQ to celebrate - less work for me as he cooks and I can relax outdoors and enjoy company. We don't always do much for Independance Day but he wants to this year so I plan to send a few handmade cards along instead of myself to help raise funds. I can't do this unless they are quick, clean and simple - hence my efforts. I know I can sit and relax while I cut out the various elements to this card and it assembles in minutes - plus I have a megga stash of 5" square cards, liners and envelopes to make it even easier.
I think Sheila is gonna love these and will probably want them for herself but she'll just have to put in her request later. I could sure use selling a few of these for myself to make some dosh for Claire's new release. If you haven't been following go check it out! As soon as I saw the sneak peek of the 'baked goods' one I knew I would be hooked and I can't wait!!!
For now I can't seem to put these ones down for long. Not even to play with some of the others and I am determined to do a scrapbook page at some point. I think these little flowers would make the cutest embellishments.
I was gonna attempt to clean house a bit today as I invited my mother and sisters for lunch tomorrow. I could use the company and I think my mum could use an outing and having us all together. Poor ol' mum has been having a tough time. Between a pace maker being fitted, then major heart surgery for valve repair & replacement, then a further pace maker just recently (to replace the one that was causing more harm than good) and now a further hospital visit on Saturday cos the second one is resting on a nerve and causing problems (catch my breath!) she is still waiting to be well. It has been hard for me not to be able to just walk on over and spend more time with her.
A couple of weeks ago one of my sisters collected me and we had lunch with her. Despite her being very tired I couldn't help but notice how much she was enjoying having her 'girls' visit and all chatting and gettin along. It was a nice moment so I'm hoping it will be repeated tomorrow and that her being here will help take her mind off things for a while. Since I have 4 sisters there are always plenty of hands to 'pitch in' so I won't over do and I'm hoping one of them will take a walk with me too. I really need to build on this over the coming weeks. Since I work in town I will need to be able to walk in and back at a fair pace and without discomfort before I return to work so that's the plan.

1 comment:

Rose said...

girl i am loving these stamps.... could you send me the link for that shop?? you have a wonderful time with your mum and sisters and so glad you won't over do it :) good girl lol
have to say hubby and i got quite a chuckle out of you celebrating July 4th... but then i remembered your hubby is US born ;)