I wanted to do a variation on the flip album that was a Project Tuesday challenge and I was keen to make it a square shape. I loved the one I made with photos of Maddy but it left little room for embellishments so I wanted to make decent sized square pages with plenty of room for a photo and something else besides.
And just to be different I chose these cute 'boy' papers with a 'motion' theme - just perfect for photos of a plane ride, or special trip or even play time with cars, trucks and boats. The colour scheme was simple - red, white, blue and golden yellow so I chose black as the base colour to make everything jump out.

As with my last PT flip album it's hard to get a good shot once you start opening up the entire album but this is pretty much how it starts with a left side and a right side as soon as you open it. Then the fun really begins!
Once the entire thing is open you can see just what fun and interaction you get with this kind of project. I still kept the flaps top and bottom but instead of putting pockets on the lower flaps as before I chose to add one nice big pocket to each side.
Then after I had added my DP on every available surface I made sure I decorated the back panel too. I added a piece of strap and used a black velcro dot to keep it closed on the front. I added the button for effect.
I love anything square and I think I actually like this album in this shape much better than my last one. The measurements were much easier too since every side was the same size.
I think this will make a cute class so I just hope there are enough gals with boys, nephews, brothers or 'new baby's to come and book on it. Granted it's rare to cancel a class but if minimum numbers aren't reached it's always a very real possibility. In the past we've played safe and chosen very 'open' themes covering a range of events so I'm hoping a few people have been wishing for 'one for the boys' so I can teach it. I just love it and can't wait to make another one!



1 comment:
what you made more!! lol so glad you got rest and are feeling better :)
Post a Comment