Do you like how I made this photo look? I have been getting to grips with 'Gimp'.
I am obviously getting really bored being at home on my own now cos I'm starting to play around at the computer! I have company coming tomorrow tho. Still I am really glad cos it gives this project a 'baby soft' look which I really like AND now I know how to do this too (can you see me beaming inside?). I know, I know, pride goeth before a fall so I'll quit. Kinda hard not to remember something like that when you're sittin here listening to some lovely gospel music as you type.
I didn't take shots of the whole thing open like the last one but I did do a couple other snapshots for ya. On this one I dragged out yet more old Sizzix dies and created 'swinging' die-cut baby shapes hanging from the inserts in the pockets. I thought it would be a nice decoration, add some movement and even more interaction to the whole project.
This is the left side with a diaper pin tag (the bottle is on the right side). I just love the cream, blue and peachey colour scheme for a little boy. The other embellishments were created by cutting circles from the paper and covering up the holes with photo mats and borders. Not only is this frugal but it makes it more cost effect sometimes for a class so over the years I've learnt to do this routinely. Crafters appreciate knowing how to get more from their supplies too. This project takes just 4 sheets of card stock and 4 sheets of double sided paper - oh and a velcro dot.
This entire project took about a week to get done. It should've taken maybe a day tops but do you realise just what muscle groups are involved in crafting? I didn't - but over the past few weeks I sure have! I'm not a wimp honest. I have a pretty good pain thresh-hold I think but repetitive pain - you know the niggling kind that just won't let up drives me to despair so I have wimped out rather than persevere. Rose would be proud of me!
Thankfully things are much easier than they have been up to now. I had soooooo many projects I couldn't get done and stamps I couldn't play with that I was beginning to get really frustrated. Maybe I have finally turned a corner - sure hope so - it's about time!



1 comment:
well i am very proud of you for not rushing your recovery :) so sorry it is taking you so long (well it seams like a loooong time!) don't remember it taking me so long.... but things fade with time, eh? lol
ok this is one cute book!!!
Post a Comment