Sunday, 25 January 2009

Maddy Turned 4

Some days she may seem less like a princess than others but Maddy turned 4 recently so she had a couple of days when she was thoroughly spoilt.
Besides having a birthday party at home with a few of her friends from school she also had a special birthday 'tea' at Grandma and Papa's house with presents and birthday cupcakes - (any excuse for Grandma to use one of her new cake stands really).
As the kids get older they do much more of their own thing so we don't get to spend every birthday with them like we used to.

It's nice then to still be able to make a fuss.

After having worked all day cupcakes were just about all I could manage and actually I cheated even with these. I purchased ready made frosting and ready made cakes but I DID pipe the frosting on myself! That much I could handle and in the light you could've seen how pretty they looked on my new glass cakestand. Maddy had to settle for candles in each cupcake but she did just fine.

Who doesn't love a cupcake with plenty of yummy frosting?

Don't ya just love these pink 'Elvis' style glasses? Aunty Jessy got Maddy all kinds of dress up goodies.

Happy Birthday Sweetie

No comments: