Monday, 12 January 2009

I Was Inspired

I was so inspired by the crafting we did while on holiday that I created a couple more pages and left all the bits and pieces for the girls to get together again after I had gone. I left clear instructions so they could keep up the crafting sessions and I love to think they will.
If they DO then I have promised to send them a few more projects!!!

I just loved the way this page turned out and I can't wait to find some really cute photos of Maddy to fill it with. I bought these papers here at home before we left for the trip and I love the way all the colours come together - between the paper designs, the flower embellishments and even the added accents for text etc. I bought the accents in USA (Archivers) and I've colour copied them using mom's printer so the girls would have them too. I often used to do this when teaching a class so I could use a copy and not have to buy an extra set for my sample.


The photo anchors, brackets, brads, buttons and knotted ribbon all add nice touches to the page. Once the photos are on the page it won't look quite so busy despite the fact that there's actually alot of different things going on. I posted a tutorial earlier that showed you how to make the faux brads but we used purchased ones for this page.


This page led me to be inspired to create another one. I have been so wrapped up in cards, bags, tags and boxes that I have almost forgotten just how much I enjoy scrapbooking.


I used a whole bunch of faux effects on this page including faux holes (stuck on white punched circles) in the scalloped edge, faux ribbon (paper strip) and faux zig zag stitching (pen).

I sure hope the girls have some fun doing this one. I added a birthday 'definition' because Maddy was due to turn 4 and the colours seemed so girly but since the strip of paper says 'celebrate' the definition block could be replaced with something else.


It has to be replaced with something since I printed my long text on an A4 piece of paper that has been cut and pieced back behind the definition block to make an A4 fit 12 x 12 perfectly and still allows me to use a standard sized printer with my computer.

No comments: