Sunday, 24 February 2008

Especially for Michelle

I promised to post a card using the Stampin Up! definitions set for Michelle who is a UK demonstrator for the company.

A group of us went to Capture the Magic on Saturday and it was Michelle's last day. Thankfully she is coming to do a make 'n' take and demo for our Crafty Women's group in April and we are both craft bloggers too so we'll definately be keeping in touch with each other.


I stamped the panel using the title stamp and the 'simple' definition stamp in light blue, and the decorative borders stamp several times in a darker blue. I actually stamped this panel when mom brought these stamps over for me in September 2007 but never used it.

I mounted it on the two colours of blue, added two colours of ribbon and Paper Trey Ink flowers - sorry Michelle - I'm sure you have nice Stampin Up! flowers but I happened to get new Paper Trey Ink stamps from mom at the same time so I was trying them all out.


I added leaves to this version because I liked the touch of green against the blues but the card works both ways. I added a bit of green ink to the edges of the leaves to make them stand out more. The colours are vibrant in real life.


I also added crystal dots to the centre of the flowers but this doesn't show up too well in the photo. The paper I used was Doodle Bug Design, 'frosty dot' that I happened to buy during my shopping trip to CTM. It matches the centre of one of the flowers perfectly. I bought it in the green version too but I resisted temptation to add some of that as well.

I love that it makes a nice tall card but the panel would work on a square card too if you used less of the border stamp. I also love the simplicity of this card (something I struggle with) so I will probably drag my definitions stamp set out again and make a few more cards with it. So far I have only used the 'wish' definition on a scrapbook page and made the panel for this card.

So let me know what you think Michelle. Hope you like it

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yah! i love it.. im here finally and yes i am looking forward to coming to see you all...