Sunday, 10 February 2008

My Birthday!

Sooooo much has happened in the last few days I hardly know where to begin!

Friday was my b'day and I had arranged to go to lunch with my sisters. Mum usually joins us but she is still poorly with a bad cough - I know how that goes - it took me long enough to get rid of mine.

Anyhow the b'day girl gets to choose where we eat and I love Chinese food so we headed for the 'all you can eat' buffet in town. Since I'm a veggie-tarian there's not a huge choice on the menu but I manage just fine.

I had good food, good company and pressies!


Sherilee (pictured right) got me a voucher from a local craft store which later helped me get myself a Zutter Binding machine I've had my eye on for a while. Still getting to grips with it but it's really cool.

Gillian shopped at Lakeland Plastics in the craft section and got me all kinds of craft goodies.

I got a purple 'snap' assembly 12 x 12 tidy box, paper, a card kit and these cool snowflake stamps. How lovely was she!

I got up early one morning over the weekend and played with them to create this lovely red and white background paper. Since we are having a 'recycled' or 'make & do' Christmas this year I figure I can stamp these onto big pieces of either butcher paper or freezer paper for wrapping presents. They'll work really well with the papertrey stamps I used to create my Christmas cards (previous post).

I am an early bird and I love to get up anywhere between 5 - 6.30 am and potter about with a cup of tea in my craft room.

On the morning of my birthday Dave brought me a cup of tea and wished me happy birthday before kissing me goodbye and heading off to work at 6 am. I got up, drank my tea and then got this really cool idea for a template to create a bow, (I will share it I promise but not just yet).

I needed my circle cutter templates and remembered they were downstairs on the kitchen table. I headed down, leaned over the table to get to the basket in the back and retrieved them. Then I headed back upstairs and realised I needed the blades that go with them so back down I went. Again I leaned right over the table, grabbed the blades and went back upstairs to craft.

I perfected my template, created my bow and decided I needed to take a picture of it. Since my camera was downstairs in the kitchen I headed back down again. Just as I was leaving the kitchen I stopped. Something made me turn around and I realised this card (almost A4 size!) was propped up on the table.

HOW THE HECK DID I MISS THIS?

I leaned RIGHT over it at least twice!!!!

It turned out to be a card from Dave propped up against a box of choccies. The box is much prettier than in this picture and I can reuse it - Dave is well trained - he knows I get almost as excited about the packaging as the present!

We seldom bother with each others b'days so this was especially nice. It was a shame he had to work but we spent Saturday together and I got to choose the destination. It was crafts at Halstead, more crafts at Braintree, lunch and then browsing through antiques which we both love to do. All in all it was a good b'day.

No comments: