Wednesday, 20 February 2008

Busy Day Off

Despite the fact that today was my day off work it was pretty busy as most of my days off are.


It began with a doctor's appointment which resulted in a stronger medication to help me cope with my back pain and hopefully a specialist referral to get to the bottom of it once and for all.


Then I met my daughter to take Maddycakes off her hands as she's been doing some work for a friend and I'd offered to babysit. Maddy is now 3 years old and quite a handful so she kept me pretty busy.


She let me brush her hair - which is longer than you think since it's full of curls - and she even let me put a ponytail in. She isn't a girlie girl despite our best efforts but then she does have 2 brothers!

I grabbed my camera because I only have one set of photos with a ponytail and she knew exactly what Grandma was doing so she hid her face - little monkey! Then I painted her nails with a clear nail varnish, put some 'lippy' on her lips and then we had some hand cream. She likes some girly stuff.


Later on we ate lunch - pasta - one of Maddy's favourites. She eats only enough to keep a bird alive most days so I was pleased she ate most of her lunch.

Then came the struggle to get her ready to walk to preschool. She is at that age where she wants to be independant but it takes her ages to do buttons. She managed all of them except the top one which she couldn't see very well so eventually Grandma was allowed to do it.

When we finally got ready we headed off to school which took FOREVER! She walks now but likes to go up all the doorsteps along the way and then JUMP off them. She always pauses at the railings alongside the river on Mustow Street - she looked at the water for a VERY long time. Then she wanted carrying but I can't so she had a sulk. Then she needed a potty stop. Then she wanted to walk on the benches outside Abbey Gardens and we still had a LONG way to go at that point.

Eventually we made it 5 minutes late despite an early start and then I was able to get to Your Touch of Craft to work on the next class project. I can't post it just yet but I will in a few weeks after I have taught the class.

This was just a quickie card I made this evening after I finished off the class project. It uses a pearlescent foiled greeting circle from Craftworks. I collected a few more supplies from Amanda to have a play with over the next week or so to introduce these new products. I will post more when I have them.

No comments: