Sunday, 24 February 2008

Breakfast at Grandma's

Ok so as a previous post showed Grandma runs a babysitting service. In this case it was an overnight service.


These were the two little munchkins that got me out of bed at 7 am on a Sunday morning.


We had cereal, fruit juice and then pancakes and honey - yummy!


I don't get to share this part of these little guys lives very often and it's been months since we had them stay over, so I enjoyed every minute of it. I'm a morning person anyway so I don't really mind that Papa stays in bed while we eat breakfast and then watch a few cartoons.

Having the kids over gives us a chance to hang out and play with them. We get to hear how well Zach is reading now and I was pleased with how well Maddy and Kaleb are talking. they both have a lisp which has made it harder for them to pronounce some of their words.



Eventually even Papa got up and joined in the fun.


Right now Maddy is sooooo into photographs and naming everyone. She is absolutely facinated, especially with pictures of her mummy and Aunty Jessy as children.


Just look at those curls!!!

Eventually she spotted the praying hands that sit on this table and then she immediately put hers together and said 'GRACE'.

HOW CUTE IS THAT! Vicky lets the kids take turns at saying grace before each meal and even though Maddy is only just 3 years old she takes a turn (with mummy's help of course) too.

It means a lot to us that this is a real part of our grandchildren's lives and it is a joy to be able to pray with them before they go to sleep too.

No comments: