I am in love with picket fences and some day I hope to get me one, however small that may be! There is something so basic, so simplistic about a picket fence and yet it allows you to see in to what lies behind. Truth be told I'm probably a bit of a nosey parker about people's gardens so a picket fence allows me to see through LOL!
I also love how a fence frames a garden - kinda like framing a pretty picture.
And as I stood under that same bridge and looked across to the other side I decided to take this shot. It might have been a bit more clever if I'd aligned the central framework but I kinda liked this off set view through it instead.
And there was no shortage of vintage suitcases on every station to take pictures of. I have a couple of vintage suitcases myself and I just love the look, feel and even the smell of them. Boy if they could talk - what stories and travels would they reveal?
Okay so I won't be sharing anymore snaps after these - I've probably bored everyone enough already.
I thoroughly enjoyed our day on the railway, getting on and off at different stations and exploring the towns beyond. Since my father died very young and my mother didn't drive we travelled everywhere by rail when I was a kid. Mostly on the London underground until I was about 8 and we moved to Suffolk. I have many a memory travelling by train - like when we had travel rail cards one summer and used them to go to the swimming baths in Cambridge with just enough money in our pockets for a hot Bovril afterwards! Or the time we were all put on trains (kinda like war children) with name tags pinned to us and dropped off at various stations to spend a week or two in the country with a hosting family - a real treat for city kids.
Boy those were the days eh? We really knew how to live! LOL
It feels good to be back blogging and sharing some of the stuff that makes up my days right now. I'm crafting tomorrow but it's kinda a surprise so I can't share it but who knows what inspiration it will stir up? Watch this space.
Blessings to all
Suezie




1 comment:
I love the photos.
Post a Comment