I knew the 'folksy' patterns and almost 'watering can' shape would be perfect for Jilly. She has quite a different style to me - kinda earthy, natural and more folk art. I would prefer a more rounded, traditional shape, a bit fussier and fancy. I loved the vibrancy of these florals too and the colour combo as soon as I saw it and I thought immediately of her.
It wasn't until I had actually purchased them and was walking home that it dawned on me they fit the theme perfectly as well. I just kept thinking how nice it would be for Jilly to have a brand new tea set and of course I had to get two mugs so she could have tea with a friend (wink, wink).
I had a vintage tablecloth in the same bright kinda colours which was perfect and had recently picked up a couple of vintage napkins with the tiniest embroidered flower detail in one corner. I decided to purchase a lace tablecloth to go with these items for the times when she might want to go all out. The only thing missing as I look at this picture, I realise; is a tea cosy - Arrgghh! Still it gives me something to either make or keep a look out to buy for her to add to this.
I had loaned out my Sizzix Bigshot machine and several dies a while ago otherwise I would've used my PTI doily die and a label die to create a fancier tag but you know what? Sometimes less is more so instead I went for a simple kraft coloured block with some small alphabet stamps and black ink instead. Like I said Jilly's not as fussy as I am. By the way the darker colour on the teapot is a kinda 'aubergine' purple which is just gorgeous. Jilly and I both happen to like the colour purple.
I think this evening I will go collect my Bigshot now that my friend's western party is over. It's been gone way too long and I feel like a bit of crafting might be coming on this weekend, especially as hubby is working Saturday.
And this teapot had mugs to match rather than cups and saucers so that even without the teapot they are robust enough they can be used every day, meaning she'll get way more use out of them. I know she has an older tea set that she's had for a number of years but I was hoping she'd like a new one for the next however many years to treasure and enjoy.
I made sure the tag 'tea for two' was tied to the teapot and up front and centre and then wrapped the entire thing in clear wrap to keep it all together and make it more presentable as a gift and there you have it!
Enjoy it Jilly and maybe before Mr Sunshine is gone we might both get to enjoy some of the Twinnings tea together.
Big HUGS
Suezie





No comments:
Post a Comment