Since they have two courtyards they have one for smokers and one for non-smokers which is kinda nice for those of us who don't wish to inhale second hand smoke whilst eating our meal.
And in case you think your eyes are deceiving you - they're not. The next two photos are in black & white. Maybe it's an age thing (now that we're both fifty LOL), maybe not but we both get such red faces in photos that I wasn't about to post these pictures until I'd toned us down a bit.
I took her picture first and then she kindly took mine - although we did get the really friendly waitress to take a few of us both later on.
I discovered the Bushel for lunch during an away day for our team at work. We used the local Quaker Friend's Meeting House just a couple of doors up for a day to work away from the office, the phones and the hustle and bustle of the work day to brainstorm and work through new projects and presentations. Fourteen of us went to the Bushel for the lunch time special menu - £5.95 for a main, side and a drink and were quite impressed - hence the reason I have been back a few times already!
Today, however, was a special treat so we had to sample the dessert menu - just £5 for two desserts. Who could possibly argue with that I ask you?
Jilly had the summer fruit pudding which was brioche (hope I spelled that right) cubed and soaked in the fruit mixture all in a cute Kilner style jar and topped with crème fraiche and a sprig of mint. I think I will have to try to make this one myself. We have several different berries coming on at the allotment that would be a perfect mix for this and I just love the idea that I can make these ahead, pop them into the fridge and then top them with cream to serve and with no cooking at all. Could it get any easier?
I on the other hand had the chocolate, caramel, salty hazelnut duo dessert thingy. OMW!!! It was devine! It had melted chocolate in the very bottom topped with chocolate mousse, topped with hazelnuts, topped with dark caramel sauce, topped with crème fraiche! NEED I SAY MORE!
Oh but I do, I do - you have sooooooo gotta go try this dessert! Next time you're in town, stop in at the Bushel just for dessert if nothing else.
I am hoping to meet up with a couple of gals next week and if can talk them into going here - I'm there! The service is excellent - we had literally just ordered and our lunch was being brought out to us. A couple of times we were checked on by two different members of staff, both of whom were friendly and chatted to us - one sweet gal even gave us a brief history of the place too and the bill was super reasonable to boot. Jilly and I kinda have a rough budget when we go out - keep it simple, nothing too expensive.
The only downside I can find is that this place is so good all round I might be the size of a house if I go there too often LOL! I think I will have to reign it in a bit between visits. Yeah that's what I'll do cos I still haven't taken hubby there for a treat yet.
What with the tea and cake we had at the Methodist Church earlier, Loom's Lane in town (another place I highly recommend you go on a Wednesday morning - used to go there with my mother when I was younger) and somewhere else I'm introducing everyone else to, I've just had an all round scrumptious day today. Might have to be salad for dinner tonight then. Nah!
Blessings
Suezie





No comments:
Post a Comment