Sunday, 14 July 2013

Tea Party Invite

I can finally share something with you that I have been keeping secret for several weeks now.  My God-daughter Natasha came over and we spent a day crafting to make up invites for my BFF Jilly's 50th birthday 'Tea Party' celebration that she had been planning.

Tasha has been travelling around the world the past few months so hadn't been home long before we had to get on the ball and get things ready for her mum's big day.  I always love hanging out with Tash as she shares a love for creativity and it was such fun crafting with her.  Years ago when I ran scrapbooking workshops locally - back when Tash was just a young girl (shows how long ago that was!) her and Jilly used to come to my workshops and craft so it was just like old times.


And this was what we decided on for the invite - thanks to Pinterest inspiration!  We both just loved the doily wrapped around an invite idea keeping in theme with the party.


All the 'tea' themed embellishments were then added loose when we tied everything closed with a ribbon.  I used Waltzing Mouse Stamps for the different embellishments.  Tasha decided not to add the one that said invitation and just went with the teacup and party tag in the end.


I always knew this stamp set would come in handy one day and I couldn't think of a better use for it than Jilly's surprise birthday tea party.  We had a perfect afternoon today and Jilly loved every minute of it being spoiled by friends and family.

Fifty only comes around once so enjoy it Jilly - and just think we get a whole year to say "I'm fifty!" LOL!  Well I guess I only have 7 months left and then I'll be over fifty - boy times goes fast huh?

Happy Birthday Jilly - my oldest and dearest friend!  We have been together for 37 years now - longer than I've been married - 33 years in just under two weeks.  Like I said "where does the time go"!

Enjoy!

Suezie

No comments: