Thursday, 18 July 2013

Vintage Finds

I meant to share a picture or two of the vintage finds I got whilst hubby and I were on holiday in Dorset but with one thing and another since we've been back I just never got time.


Thankfully we both like trawling through junk shops, antique and charity stores and the like.  This glass pedestal bowl - which by the way is much bigger than it looks here - was about £6.50 but I've always wanted a bowl with a pedestal for trifles, layered desserts and big bowl desserts like Eaton mess - yumm!  It's really chunky too so it's quite sturdy for a piece of glassware and should last like forever LOL!


At the time of taking these photos I had dumped a whole bunch of vintage wooden spools and sewing bits and bobs out of my shopping bag into it.  I found most of these in the same charity store and the rest on a second trip later that week.  Usually I remove the thread - I like to see the wood and then I can reuse them easier too but since I've decided to source a LARGE jar to display and store these in I'm leaving them intact.   I have a space for the jar - I just need to get one but I will - I just have to be vigilant and remember I need one when I see it so I don't miss snapping it up.  These things only come along every now and then so you have to grab em' when you see em'.


Plus I also picked up some vintage/retro napkin rings which reminded me a bit of something you'd see in a Cath Kidston catalogue so yeah I had to have them too.  The jury's still out on these but I kinda like them so I might have to put them to use some time and see how I feel about them.  There are eleven in total so there's enough for a BBQ or dinner outside in the back yard.  Shame there wasn't another red one or I'd use em' when the grand-kids come over.

I have another vintage post that I want to share with you but it will have to keep for a minute whilst I go cook dinner.

Hugs

Suezie

No comments: