There's always a game of volley ball which is the perfect game on the sand isn't it? Zacheriah is now 13 years old and last year he just stood on the side lines, desperately wanting to play, but too shy to jump in. This year he couldn't wait to play and was right up front in the thick of it. He is now taller than Grandma (something he likes to remind me of every time I see him) and seems to have grown up in an instant. Where was that beautiful baby boy I knew? Thankfully he still lets me hug and kiss on him now and then - well I guess he tolerates it - but it's important to let kids know they're loved and I love to hug him.
Maddy wouldn't go too deep - maybe up to her knees but next year we should get her an all in one wet suit. A couple of the kids had these and they went all in. They're great for keeping the sun off the bulk of their bodies too although the sun didn't put in much of an appearance despite the claims it would be one of the hottest days. Actually the weather was perfect - not too hot, a gentle breeze, warm but not overly sunny.
And as predicted we had a super quiet drive back home! I hadn't realised when I took this picture that Zach had manoeuvred his seat belt but thankfully he is still belted up. Apologies for my blurry thumb in the bottom right hand corner. I was turned around as far as my seatbelt would allow and Zach was sitting directly behind my seat. I simply couldn't miss this photo opportunity even if meant I was all contorted to get it.
Poor old Kaleb always gets the seat in the middle - nothing to do with being the middle child, which he just so happens to be - Maddy always gets the booster seat on one side and Zach simply refuses to sit in the middle.
Doesn't Maddy look attractive - mouth wide open LOL! They all played so hard they were plumb tuckered out, then a quick stop at the Fish 'n' Chip shop before heading home to fill their tummies and that was all it took. Just a few short miles into the drive home and all three were out for the count.
Truth be told Dave and I could've joined em' but he had to drive and I had the job of keeping the driver awake!
And after a busy day today with Jilly's party and an event at the allotment earlier this morning we have just vegged out for the last couple of hours, me on the computer and him watching movies. I don't think we could've done anything even if we wanted to.
Now that the weather has cooled down the allotment beckons and we need to go water everything which is the very last chore of the day. What is it they say? No peace for the wicked! Can't think that we're so very wicked but our weekends sure are busy - even more so this time of year. I have been working 10 hour days at work but even that seems like a welcome rest at this point. LOL!
Hope everyone's been enjoying the sunshine and to our family back home, hope you enjoy these snaps of the kids.
Blessings
Suezie





No comments:
Post a Comment