I emailed her several clips of things I'd seen and also suggested a square card which is just a bit nicer than the norm - at least I think so. One of the clips was an entwined ribbon and since she chose kind of 'coffee & cream' colours plus gold we settled on this design. It seemed to suit them well since they're finally tying the knot! She also wanted some kind of embossed detail here and there so I hope she's happy with this simple 'non-fussy' touch.
I made a mock up of text so she would have a better idea how it might look and used my new Waltzing Mouse flourish stamp set to add a hint of detail too. I just knew since I had these invites to make that this set would be perfect so I'm really hoping she likes the swirls. It had been on my wish list for some time and when my name was drawn for a freebie set a few weeks back I simply had to have it.
I'm lovin' how it allows me to match everything up by adding different sized flourishes to all the extras too - even the return envelope for the RSVP is stamped! I suggested a pocket inside to hold directions, RSVP, save the date or anything else she wanted to include and I embossed this to match the front flap. The whole thing is a kind of 'tri-fold' card that opens out so it's quite a functional invite too.
I made a double layer RSVP with more of those pretty swirls. What you can't see in these photos is the hint of gold which is the colour ink I stamped with and of course the shade of ribbon is somewhat distorted too but it does all match up better than it appears here.
This is the second page of the RSVP where guests can add any special dietary needs although she may choose not to have this part. Being a veggie-tarian this kind of thing is important to me and I wanted to make sure she had the option.
I have place cards still to make plus cupcake boxes and eventually cupcakes too but the real urgency is for the invites so I have plenty of time to work on those things later. For now I just need some finalisation so I can get busy but I only have 20 to make so thankfully it shouldn't take long once I get started and I've kept them as sinple as possible to make it quicker and easier.
I'm really hoping I can get Kaleb's b'day photos onto a page tomorrow so I can take part in the Waltzing Mouse blog hop but if I run out of time I may just have to whip up a quick b'day card since that's the theme this time around.
Well hubby's home now so I think I might email Caroline a few pictures to be going on with and then head off to Bedfordhsire.
Enjoy!
Suezie





1 comment:
Stunning - bet they love these - so elegant and classy! Nicer than anything they would find in a catalog!
Post a Comment