This was the card I made for him yesterday and that I also entered into the Waltzing Mouse Sketch Challenge this week. I took this shot again today so it's much less pink than the last one I shared.
The kids always like to have money or gift cards so they can go shopping for themselves but I usually get them something to open as well because Grandma likes to see them open presents. The sewing machine was still out (almost finished my aprons) so I rummaged through my stash of gift wrap and bags until I found a large plain brown paper bag. It wasn't much to look at but I save anything and everything if I think I might find a use for it.
I stitched around 3 sides, trimmed it with scissors (couldn't lay my hands on my pinking shears so it's a tad girly with scallops) tucked his clothes neatly inside, sealed the last remaining edge shut with strong double sided tape (on the inside) and then stitched the opening closed. I finished up with the scissors again and there you have it - a perfectly sealed present. The only way in is to tear it open :-)
Now onto the Pinterest idea. I wanted to wrap the plain package with a string of brightly coloured circles which was a fun idea I pinned. I already had paper to hand and my Big Shot was out so I cut several different sized circles in multiple layers to make it quick & easy. All I had to do then was place them under the machine's presser foot one at a time and sew - how easy is that! I love sewing and I love it even better when I get to do it on paper projects.
And here is the finished package. I added a tag to match the card although I didn't add the same hardware. I figure mummy might keep the card but this tag is likely to end up in the trash - unless of course I rescue it and re-use it - hhmmmm? Might have to do that LOL! I might just go add a staple or two in each corner first tho'.
I don't doubt it will all get torn off in an instant and I will have to be quick with my camera to catch it but it was fun while it lasted and it gave me something to do. Well the cupcakes are probably cooled by now so I'm off to make frosting and grab a cuppa before my little angels descend on me. I'm sooooo glad Papa is doing a BBQ so I can sit, relax and enjoy. I think I might even get mummy to make the salad and hubby to roast the sweet potatoes on the barbie too. I feel like I need a break after all this.
Enjoy!
Suezie




No comments:
Post a Comment