I have been wanting Claire to do seed packets for ages and - well let's just say I still haven't calmed down yet LOL! It will be hard to be away from my computer this week but I need to keep checking back to catch the new stuff as it goes out. Well as much as I can at least since I made plans to get out walking with friends both tomorrow afternoon and Thursday plus we're going to pick Jess up unexpectedly on Friday now.
I also spied a scripture stamp in the sneak peeks so I am megga excited about that too and keen to see this set. I just love getting the Plain Jane scripture verse stamps from Verve but it's a bit of a hassle getting them. How cool would it be to be able to get clear scripture stamps right here at home and from one of my favourite companies too.
Anyhow - on to the tutorial. I know many of you out there don't need instructions on card making so this is for anyone who does.
Take a base card (or create one yourself), round the corners and stamp a strip of text across it at about 1" up from the lower edge using black ink. Take a smaller flourish stamp and stamp it in black at the lower right hand side of the card but leaning slightly towards the left.
Next stamp a larger flourish on the upper portion of the card with about 1/2" space above it and leaning to the left. Be sure to leave enough room for the bow. This is the card base prepared and ready. Now choose a Nestabilities friendly frame stamp and coloured card stock and stamp a frame using black ink.

Next die-cut the frame out using low tack tape to keep the die in place and ensure a perfect cut. Choose a further die shape that will fit neatly behind your frame for the sentiment and cut out.
Using a craft knife cut into the centre of your stamped frame and then take a pair of scissors to cut in and around the inner detail to remove the centre section. It's easier to cut if you cut in from behind (take your scissors in from behind the image bringing the top blade through to the front). Next stamp your sentiment into the centre of your die-cut shape to fit behind your frame.
Adhere your choice of ribbon across the card and then add the sentiment shape and your die-cut frame using foam pads. Use glossy accents to add a bit of diamanté bling to your frame if desired. Finish with a bow and a brad and finally ink around the edges of your card with a co-ordinating colour if desired.
I used a different frame on this version just so I could show how different it looks. I just love that I have WMS frame stamp sets and dies to match so I have a few to choose from to change things up when I need to.
And here's a shot showing some pretty colours. I have stamped up frames in purple, orange and pink to make up but I really must get busy and tidy up my mess for now. I crafted on the kitchen counter and table today and hubby is due home in an hour so it's off the computer and a quick clean up so I can start dinner!
Now go check out the WMS DT projects!
Enjoy!
Suezie











No comments:
Post a Comment