I needed a little something extra for a friend who's b'day gift I have ready and waiting and since I had scraps out I made a business card holder out of pretty Cath Kidston fabric.
This little project is proof that a little goes a LONG way! And of course I had to add a CK label so it looks doubly impressive when she whips it out LOL! She's a 'pink' kinda gal so hopefully she'll love it.
The card holder was the perfect sized project to get me in the mood to sew. I ended up making a patchwork coloured bag to hold the quilted blanket I made yesterday. The blue polka dot is the outer pocket. I used left over strips of fabric for the top of the bag and also the straps.
There is ample room for the blanket in this bag and still plenty of room left over for a couple of supplies like a bottle, diapers and wipes. Best of all the bag is much smaller than your usual big 'diaper bags' so it should make short trips that much easier.
I need to put the sewing machine away now I think - at least for a few hours but not before I grab one of hubby's old socks and make him a pocket for his mobile phone. He's been after me for one for way too long and I can just hear him now "oh that's it - you can sew for everyone else! When am I going to get my phone pocket?" LOL! Poor guy!
Enjoy - hugs :-)
Suezie




1 comment:
oh she is sure to love this card holder :)
and WOW you sure can whip up the sewing goodness FAST!! that bag is perfecto for the super sweet quilt :)
Post a Comment