Friday, 29 April 2011

Kiss Me Kate!

Well they did it - they tied the knot and 2 kisses!  Wasn't it a beautiful ceremony - did you watch it?  I ended up watching it all on my lonesome cos my mother and sisters (4 of them) all got together and forgot to tell me - SERIOUSLY!  I rang my mother to see if she'd enjoyed it and I could hear everyone in the background.  I was like - 'what and you didn't think to call me so I could join you!' 

If I have any disappointments of the day it's now that I missed out on the 'party'.  And my 'funny' mother (not) even started telling me what food they had - including the vegetarian stuff!  Thanks mother!  See if I invite you to my next party!!!

But really - it was a great day and 'one' (cos I was on my own LOL) was made to feel so very proud, very patriotic and also very pleased for them.  And because I was on my own I could shed a tear every now and then and not worry who was there to see me cry.  Yes I was a big girls blouse!  I cried!  I was overcome with emotion - I couldn't help it.  I really can cry at the drop of a hat - oh don't get me started on some of the hats! (I can think of at least a couple of princesses who are probably crying looking back at themselves now - well they should be).



This picture was posted on the net (not my photo I hasten to add) so I hope it's ok to share it.  They made such a lovely couple.  There were moments of almost shyness - who wouldn't be a bit shy in front of that many people - and little 'shared' moments, a look, a smile or a few brief words between them and the whole thing was amazing.


And this is my snapshot - taken off the telly - how sad is that?  Well it's what we all wanted to see isn't it?  Everyone else had cameras out didn't they?  I don't know what came over me I guess - I sat poised and ready and before I knew what had happened I'd clicked LOL! Hey - it's a moment in history.

She did have an air of 'Grace Kelly' about her as did the dress - both were stunningly beautiful and such elegance!  Grace Kelly was a commoner who married a prince, same as Kate - clearly it can work.  I think Kate had great dignity and grace and they were noted as being a very sensible couple.  I think she makes a stunning princess and he's a very lucky prince to have her!

Congratulations to them both!

Suezie

3 comments:

Rose said...

shame on your mother and sisters!!

i watched the wedding online and thought it was PERFECT!!! what a beautiful dress she had :)

ok what is with the hats? and why do they put them on crooked?? sorry we don't wear them over here.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Oh Suezie, I watched the entire thing and love it. Let us just hope this one turns out much better. It was weird watching the snippets here in the US. First they showed Diana and Charles wedding video before the wedding of Kate and William. Now looking at it you see all the little tips that let us know that first marriage wasn't the fairy tale we all thought it was. Sad and tragic. I think this one will be much different.

Karen Wilson said...

I PVR'd it and it ran out before it was over!! I had to re-tape it and haven't had a chance to sit and watch the whole thing. I can't wait to see it. I've seen snippets here and there and I did see those 2 kisses. Kate (now known as Katherine) was stunning and broke a few traditions. Good for her I say!! They are a stunning couple and I wish them ALL the very very best!