Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Been Busy!!!

I am clearly VERY bored now since I have been sewing all day almost non-stop for the past couple of days!  Yesterday I made 5 bags for my mother to take to market.  She's always saying they need more craft, more craft to sell so that should please her.  Frankly about two thirds of the way through I was sick of the sight of them so I'm glad they're finished LOL!


Here's the entire stack of them.  Can't be bothered to photograph each one - sorry but like I say I'm now sick of the sight of them LOL!



Then today to pass time I decided to make some luggage tags - who knows maybe hubby and I will get to take a trip this year?  Besides I have been slow to use much of this Cath Kidston fabric.  I think cos it has a striped design - as in a wide floral stripe and a thinner checked stripe so it's very one-directional and doesn't always look right.



It turned out to be just perfect for these so I'm a happy bunny.  I used a thicker wadding fabric sandwiched in between for extra firmness, stitched on a clear plastic pocket once I was done top stitching and added a button.  The button's not only a pretty touch but the top edge of the plastic pocket is tucked under it so the card inside can't slip out and get lost.  That seemed like a cute (and clever) touch to me LOL!



Although they make up in minutes I have only completed 3 so far.  It's all the cutting and prep work that takes so long.  I have a nice stack of about 15 ready to sew.  I think these may just have to go to market too otherwise what on earth am I going to do with them all?



And because I haven't been able to get out to go shopping for new fabrics I finally decided to cut into this pretty one that I bought on our last trip home.  I have been hanging onto it for 7 or 8 months now - resisting the urge to cut into it but it had to be done.  I might keep these fabby bright ones for myself because it'd be easy to spot - much better than the scrap of red checkered fabric I have tied to our suitcases right now!

And since I am scheduled to go see my doc in a couple of hours I am giving her two of the CK ones just because - plus I am feeling soooooo much better - really!  I am going to see if I can get back to work tomorrow.  My boss is happy for me to so as long as my doc is it's a GO! Yay!  Good feels soooooo good and it's nice to be back to myself again.  Not only was this labyrinthitis the weirdest thing I've ever experienced but I genuinely missed myself LOL!

I am already planning to run errands after work tomorrow plus a 'walk' into town on Saturday - to a local fabric shop or two and I have that many things I want to do, plan, organise - all of which includes getting out and about as much as possible now that I can!

Blessings!

Suezie

3 comments:

Rose said...

so glad to hear you are feeling better :)

awesome items you have made!!

Karen Wilson said...

I just wrote this huge comment, the power flickered (windy as heck here) and I lost it!!

Glad you're feeling better .. love all your goodies here, you have been busy!!!

You asked about hubby and his bike and yep, I do go out with him when I can. He would love for me to get my own license, but not ready for that. I'm good on the back of his right now :)

Last July we did a 6 hour "Ride For Literacy" and it was great. Long, but fun and sore on the behind - but we really enjoyed it and look fwd to doing it again this July!

Eeshie said...

I enjoy this blog.

Peas out :D