For the past couple of days I've had a chance to play with just a few of my new goodies from my recent package. I needed a few gifts and I had in mind to make some more of those fab paper sack pockets - perfect for filling to the brim with hand stamped goodies. This time round I folded them somewhat differently so I had a double pocket to tuck my gifts into.
I had lots of lovely October Afternoon paper scraps left over from making my recipe pages which were just perfect for these. Each one is a card kit and then the paper sack pocket can be filled with something new and passed on to someone else unless of course you want to keep it for yourself that is. But I really like the idea that it can do a double duty and be re-used. I created them with re-usable tags deliberately just for this very reason.
I made a handmade card to go with each to provide somewhere for me to write a message with the gift but also to provide a sample card for inspiration. I love my new PTI doily die - so, so pretty - I love being able to add that little touch of lace effect whenever I want to. I only used half a doily on each card so a little can go a long way too.
And below are the contents of just a single pocket - hard to believe ALL this fits in there! I added a couple of card blanks - already inked and distressed, plus a couple of my hand made square envelopes, some die-cut doilies, several hand stamped button cards, some home made chipboard buttons (loved makin those!), some vintage lace and seam binding tape, pretty paper strips and finally a few 'just the ticket' stamped sentiments.
I had such fun mixing up the button stamps to create different styles of cards suitable for taking ribbon or lace and even creating card stock strips which I used to sew my hand made buttons onto for persentation - I thought these were really neat. I also love my newest PTI button dies and spent ages cutting out chipboard, then pretty paper, then gluing the paper onto the chipboard and finally applying a coat of varnish to finish - very therapeutic. In fact everything - the stamping, cutting, distressing and finishing - was all very relaxing.
One of these is going overseas to my sister-in-love Linda as a belated b'day treat just as soon as I can get it to the post office - hubby is working this weekend so it might take another week - sorry sis! This being house bound is a real pain. One is going to a work colleague as a 'just because' cos I'd like her to have one and I really appreciate how hard she's working manning the office and doing the job of two single handedly and the last one is being tucked away ready for a friend's upcoming b'day along with a little something else I hope to make to go with it. But I'm not tellin' LOL!
Not only have I had time to sit and play with my new stamps and dies but I have had the chance to potter away at my own pace which has helped me keep from climbing the walls of late. Every time I try to do bits and pieces I get completely giddy so I have the perfect excuse to sit and stamp at the moment. Roll on Monday when I hope to get some answers as to why I'm not yet recovered from all this. Good thoughts and prayers please!
Blessings
Suezie





3 comments:
LOVE this!!!!
ok so you used stamps to create the vintage sheets to hold the buttons and lace??? must check out that shop!!
*next month as this month i am on a no shopping leash* lol
What a FANTASTIC idea!!!!! Love these!!!
Received my card & Pocket full of goodies! Going to enjoy using them.
Thank you for the newspaper clipping of Zach, his is growing up so fast...
Miss you all, Love Sis
Post a Comment