Wednesday, 25 August 2010

A VERY Late Project Tuesday!

Okay so this is a VERY late Project Tuesday - as in it's now actually Wednesday!  Man -  I have just been super busy so I couldn't get it done until now.  Ever have days like that?  Well I seem to be havin a whole string of em' lately.

Anyhow I still wanted to play this week so here's my take on the candy bar holder project for this week's PT.  You can find directions here.



I decided to keep it nice and simple this time around.  I dug through some of my supplies, came up with this sentiment (well actually I found others but I am saving them) and raided my paper scrap stash for colours to match the flower detail.  I used some of that fab wrinkle ribbon that Sherry made too.



Here's the inside showing the velcro dot fastener I chose to help keep it closed.




And here you can see the candy bar that was tucked inside.  I used a 'gigantic' (Fairtrade) choccie button which I picked up at the grocery store last week with this project in mind.  I think this would make a super 'sweet' thank you - get it?  SWEET!

And right about now I need a little thank you that I can pop into the post as I got a package from mom today.



While mom could've just sent my seam binding in a padded envelope - she chose instead to add a bunch of jerky for Dave and Tootsie Rolls for me - how 'sweet' was that? 

I needed something good today cos the news on my cooker was NOT good!  I think we have to go buy a new one so mom your package cheered me up!  Big HUGS and thanx :-)

Well I already have about half a dozen coloured lengths of wrinkle ribbon on the go plus my PT project done.  Only 2 more DT projects to go and then my bag to pack for class tonight.  How would I ever manage without my day off mid-week?

2 comments:

Rose said...

better late then never, eh? lol know what you mean by "busy"!! fantastic project girl :)
how sweet of your mom!!!

KimS said...

Sorry it took me sooooooooo long to get here! Love the candy holder and the bling you added to the flowers!!!