Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Late Project Tuesday!

Well I guess better late than never huh?

I have been away so while I managed to get last week's PT project done (so technically I don't need to post this week) I really wanted to - plus I also needed a 'thank you' card/gift for Tracey who cooked all week at camp.  This week's project is just perfect for adding a small something extra to.  I love when I can give a card and a gift all at the same time in just one project don't you?


This week's project is a 'pocket card' so it's perfect for ANY occasion.  The best projects usually are you know!  You can find instructions over at
Project Tuesday - just follow the links in this week's post.

I chose some cool 'Crate' designer papers which are actually last years trend (or was it the year before?) I've had them hanging around a while and I love that I can add a splash of orange in the mix.

I decided to keep my flap closed using some of that fabby crinkle ribbon from Sherry in this 'oh so yummy' orange colour and I love the differing shades here and there.  Believe it or not the gems in the centre of the punched flowers are blue but I'm not sure that shows up in my photo.  I have come back to wet weather (with lots of wet towels and laundry) so I have had to take my photos in doors.  Usually I take them outside for a natural daylight shot.



Here's my project with the top flap opened up.


And here you can see the whole thing open revealing the little pocket flap inside where I have tucked some hand stamped scriptures using Verve's 'Plain Jane' scripture stamps.  They're only about $3 each so I now have a nice collection.  I also chose to staple my mini pocket in place at each side. 

Tracey and I both took our craft bags along to camp thinkin we might get a chance to play but NO WAY was that happenin'. So instead since we missed out on some crafting I thought maybe she'd like a few tucked in a 'thank you' card. I know she's been wantin some for a while now.


This is just another shot.  I added a couple of strips of paper to the inside for added detail too.


I also kept the word 'thanks' very small - actually this was a freebie stamp from Verve when I ordered - I wanted to have plenty of space to handwrite my own message.  I like that even someone who doesn't craft could use these simply by trimming up a verse and adding it to a plain-ish purchased card - like a pretty scene or florals - that kind of thing.  Maybe this is a good store item - who knows? - but it certainly would be good for a gift card, teabag or other small gift item and best of all it'll post just fine!

The other DT gals have done a fabby job this week so please go over to Project Tuesday to check em' all out.  Me?  I am knee deep in laundry still and glad to have a 'down' day after a busy week.  It keeps me at home where I can craft so I just might make another one of these while I'm about it.  That is if I don't go take a nap first LOL!

7 comments:

KimS said...

Wonderful job with your flap card!! Love that ribbon!!!!

Karen Wilson said...

Wow, you put a lot of work into this and it's beautiful!!

Jean Addis said...

So very pretty with all your signature details. I really must get some of that ribbon from Sherry.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Your card turned out great even if you are a tad bit late. lol
Love how you added the wrinkle ribbon to it and I am sure your friend is going to love it.

Jennifer Meyer said...

What a wonderful design and tutorial Suzie! LOVE your card and the beautiful detail on each of your images!

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Rose said...

what a wonderful way to thank her :) very pretty and i love the verses :)

Karen Wilson said...

Be sure to come by my blog today :)