Wednesday, 25 August 2010

Class Page & Craftwork Cards

Since I finally managed to get photos printed yesterday I can now share a class page that I'm teaching tonight.  I knew I had a cute photo of Maddycakes somewhere but had to hunt through several disks until I found it.

I used some of the pretty vintage rose papers we had at the Craftwork Cards workshop back in July.  In fact I made this page a few days after we attended and have been waiting to share it here on my blog.  I knew as soon as I saw these pretty papers and the patchwork template that they would make fab bunting.


I traced where I wanted my bunting to hang, pierced holes and then hand stitched in brown thread.  Since the papers were called 'vintage' rose I used brown ink EVERYWHERE to distress and age all the elements on my page.  I left the bunting loose here and there to give it a look of 'flapping in the breeze' which of course is exactly what bunting does!


I got a chance to add several of the pretty papers with the corner detail and used one of my MS punches to create a lovely 'double' layered scallop effect.  I also used a whole bunch of 'card candy' in place of brads or buttons - the colours matched perfectly and you get tons of these in a pack.  I just love these for scrap booking, they're such a clever idea!



I even used the flowers that I had left over in my workshop pack - in fact all these supplies came from our freebie workshop packs - a little really CAN go a long way!  I added 'faux' stitching ALL over the page - just adds an extra bit of detail to bring it all together. 



Here's a close up shot of the pretty flowers.  They're actually inked using a brown ink pad - which made them look brown on the edges and pink everywhere else - how cool was that?  I sanded the edges of pretty much everything too which is why the ink has picked up so dark around the edge.

I had fun finding just the right equipment to create the different sized circles for my flowers.  The busy floral circle is actually my MS button punch which has a nice embossed ridge detail.  And yes I even inked up that card candy - absolutely love to alter them as well LOL!


And just in case you missed it in my earlier post - here I am with Julie Hickey at the workshop.  I don't actually like this picture of myself so if it wasn't for Julie being in this shot I wouldn't be sharing it again LOL!

By the way Amanda now has these fabby products in store (YTOC) if anyone would like to get their hands on them.  The lucky gals in class tonight get to play with them for sure. 

Now while I wait to be descended upon by three little munchkins (babysitting the grand babies) plus wait for the chappy to come fix my cooker (should've turned up this morning but got the day mixed up) cos those elderberries won't wait a day longer - I have several DT projects to get done so I'm off to craft a bit more.

Enjoy!

Suezie

1 comment:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Suezie, oh I love this layout and the flowers and banner are just fabulous.