This was ALWAYS gonna be a real struggle for me. I adore this style but I can't make myself do it and it really frustrates me. My page is as CAS as I could possibly make it - and believe me I desperately wanted to keep adding to it so I'm lucky it's as simple as it is!
I decided a white background would help me with this challenge since everything I put onto it really stood out. I figured that way if I put too much on I would immediately notice it.
I knew I wanted to just throw together a photo and a few strips of pretty paper and these papers by Imaginisce were perfect. I have been meaning to do something with this larger photo for some time now too.
I wanted a small amount of journaling but still needed to keep the page simple. I settled on a single sentence (broken down) plus a name and date. The embellishments and theme do the rest of the talkin. I picked these up on sale over the weekend - they're also by Imaginisce so they match my papers perfectly.
My white background page is embossed with pretty flowers and I love the subtle detail it adds.
And I finally used some of that pretty scrunched ribbon I got from Sherry. I love the 3D element it gives my page and looks just lovely!
I like how this turned out but I have had to hang it up straight away for fear of 'tinkering' with it. I do that you know - leave a page out for several days and add or remove bits and pieces until I'm satisfied!
Why not stop on over to Lasting Memories to check out the other DT gals creations. Then if you've been inspired to have a go yourself why not upload it and share!
Happy scrappin!




6 comments:
Suezie, I think it is a beautiful example of CAS. Always remember less is more.
That wrinkle ribbon looks fabulous.
Suezie, I think it is a beautiful example of CAS. Always remember less is more.
That wrinkle ribbon looks fabulous.
Hi Suezie! I think you did an amazing job and I love all the added touches. I agree with Sherry, less is always more. Gorgeous page and what a cutie pie!
Sorry this is days late Suezie, but I'm soooo far behind. Anyway, I was browsing Karen's new challenge and saw your fabulous page, and just had to stop by and tell you how beautiful I think it is!
oh this turned out PRECIOUS!!!
Suezie this layout is awsome. You did such a great job. I just love all the added touches you put on.
Post a Comment