I was in need of company this week so I scheduled for several friends to come visit me. I had a lovely visit (plus a nice fresh air walk) with my BFF Jilly on Monday.
On Tuesday my sister Sherilee stopped in after work so I could help her finish off a project we had started a week earlier. She works in a nursing home and is known to be a crafter so she was asked to compile photos, cards and details of a 100th birthday celebration for one of the residents into a massive frame.
It may be difficult to see in this shot but after trimming, matting and layering and then setting it all out we added 'confetti' to one corner top and bottom using gold and silver peel offs plus added 3D accents and lettering. We kept the card and telegram from the Queen central to the entire project.
This will be on display in the lady's room and I'm sure she will get a great deal of pleasure from looking at it. I also had a nice walk with Sherilee - lots of lovely exercise and fresh air!
And then today - Thursday - I had a 'long time no see' friend come for lunch and a bit of crafting. I have been meaning to have Helen over for months but never quite managed it. A chance meeting in town made that happen - that was fortunate!
Helen has a nice new kitchen and wanted to display framed pages of her boys so I had agreed to help her put together a nice page.
She came armed with some lovely photos so we set to work after lunch. This is what her finished page looked like in a frame.
Won't this look lovely and sunny up on a wall in her kitchen. Hopefully she will make another one at some point too. How cheery will it be to sit and have breakfast looking at these two cuties? Would brighten up any day!
She also brightened up MY day even more by bearing homemade gifts (bestest kind).
Lovely beetroot chutney and a green tomato chutney as well - home grwon AND homemade. These sound really interesting. We're always looking for things to do with the beetroot we grow so I just might be askin her for the recipe.
There was no walk with Helen's visit but there were cookies which she also kindly gave me - yum! I have had some with a cup of tea as I post and they are lovely! Friends bearing gifts like this are welcome in my house ANYTIME!!!
While I do just fine in social situations I am very much a homebody and like my own company - I can lose days to myself honest! Some times I even have to make myself have company which is just as well as the last few days have been absolutely delightful, very refreshing and a real joy.
Now maybe I can walk into town tomorrow for some more exercise huh? Well maybe I'll see what the weather brings (have had lots of rain lately) and then again maybe I'll spend a day with just myself - who knows?





2 comments:
Thankyou too. I had a lovely afternoon and the page does look good, even if I do say so myself. x
sounds like you had a blast. 100 years?? WOW :)
Post a Comment