I am anticipating surgery in February so in order to get ahead I am already thinking about the gifts I want to make when 'V' day rolls around. I found this fab heart cookie/scone cutter in a charity shop while out with my daughter over the holiday period. We were surprised to find charity shops open but we both love to have a rummage to see what interesting things we can find - I get my best baskets, bottles and containers at charity shops.

I am a collector of many things and cookie cutters and cake pans are just more things that tempt me to collect. This 'flower of hearts' from Lakeland Plastics caught my eye immediately. How cool - you can cut 4 hearts in one go! I quickly added it to my growing collection of 'heart' themed bakeware. I'm planning to make heart shaped brownies and sugar cookies this year I think.
Anyhow on to the crafting! (sorry)

Three cute little projects - a pocket envelope that holds a cute tag, a bag/box - YES same as for snowman soup - BUT this could be dressed up in numerous ways throughout the year to cover EVERY possible event so don't knock it and a cute little matchbook candy holder.

Here's a close up of the matchbook candy holder. This is such a sweet quick and easy project that could use up all kinds of scraps that are left over. The finished size measures about 3 1/4" x 3 1/2" when closed. I plan to tuck a few of these into a basketful of baked goodies for Vicky and the grandkids.

This is a shot showing the insides. I simply used a small 'zippy' bag for the sweets, turned it upside down so the opening tucked under the small flap at the base of the book, stapled it in place and covered the staples with a pretty strip of paper. The front can then tuck in just like a regular matchbook does. How cute and simple is that?

This was a quick card using some embossing with my new toy and a mini (one sided) crate to hold sweeties. The card features another one of my new MS punches - a big portion of my Christmas money went on these - and the crate features several different sizes of heart and circle nestabilities. I dragged a couple of sets of mini alphabet stamps out of the cupboard to add text to some of my projects too.
I will be sharing directions for one or two of these projects at the demo so don't miss it!
No comments:
Post a Comment