Sunday, 17 January 2010

Here and Gone

Well Maddy's hello kitty party has now been and gone. It was a HUGE amount of work and very tiring but it was a big success too and so, so worth all the effort.



I probably shouldn't admit it but the kitchen and hallway are still full of bunting. The balloon centre piece and also the one on Maddy's chair are still very much in situ. Heck she even has a few more pressies left unopened so I know she'll be back at some point. I am lovin all the pretty pink bunting so I haven't been in a hurry to take it down. I could happily keep it all up until my birthday in February!
My dear hubby just looks at me and rolls his eyes where this bunting is concerned. I had to ask for his help in stringing it up and he so could not believe we were going to all this trouble - what a party pooper he is!


I promised to share a photo of our efforts with a hello kitty b'day cake for Maddy so here it is. The design was simple enough but it took both mummy and myself to get it to this stage. We could perhaps have done a couple of things differently but I think we did ok all things considered.

This was Maddy on the day decorating her own cupcake. The kids had great fun taking part in all the activities we planned. The red bows and face painting was fun too. We had a whole table full of pretty little 'hello kittys'.

This is one of the finished efforts. Boy there sure are a whole bunch of those crunchy silver balls on that there cupcake. I made pretty cake pokes for everyone to choose from to add the finishing touch and then everyone got to take their cupcake home.
I so cannot believe after everyone had gone and we had a quiet moment to relax and have a cuppa, mummy and I sat down and found ourselves discussing her NEXT b'day party! Are we gluttons for punishment or what?

1 comment:

LauraLaura said...

Wow what a fantastic party, my daughter looked over my shoulder and now says she would like a Hello Kitty Party for her birthday this year !