Thursday, 14 January 2010

Hello Kitty Party!

Remember the Hello Kitty overload a while back? I really went to town making all kinds of things. Well this weekend sees the actual party for Maddycakes who turned 5 years old this week. Tomorrow I will be stringing up bunting, making a balloon centre piece and putting finishing touches to a whole bunch of things to make Maddy's b'day party real special for her.


Mummy found these really cute HK marshmallows on sale in Debenhams that we can put in the goody bags for everyone, plus we needed a toy for the centre piece and Maddy can keep it afterwards.

Best thing about the marshmallows is that they are individually wrapped so they'll stay fresh until they're opened. There are two designs as far as I can see - HK's head & face and then a full mini version of HK.


Despite making Maddycakes a whole bunch of stuff I still wanted to make her a cupcake box. When I said I planned on giving everyone one of these boxes complete with balloon and candle I wasn't kidding. They are sooooo easy to make and who doesn't love a party in a box? I managed to put a cupcake, balloon, candle, money and even a mini 'happy b'day' bunting in the last one I gave.

Mummy, Maddy and her brothers are coming for dinner tomorrow so I want her to have our gifts then so we can make a fuss of her on our own. The party will be busy, noisy and hectic so we may not get a chance to do what we want to. Would you believe this particular HK image was computer generated and cut out?
Each time I make one of these boxes lately I change the closing of them. I made one earlier this week and punched two holes, added eyelets and threaded ribbon through. For this one I passed the ribbon through a hole in the right side of the blue background square before securing it to the left half of the top of the box. The whole blue square is pulled away when it's opened up and the ribbon stays threaded through. I plan on making one with a box band too at some point.

I matched the blue and pink 'patchwork' decoration to the other items I made. Now I have bubbles and boxes of crayons to cover and decorate, more cake pokes to make, place cards to finish, stickers to make, T-shirt transfers to print, tags to laminate etc, etc, etc. There are so not enough hours in a day - plus mummy and I are making a HK cake tomorrow too. Will post our efforts (if it turns out ok).
As with everything mummy has a real tight budget but we have some fun stuff planned. The kids are getting bow hairclips and face paint noses and whiskers when they arrive. They have been asked to bring a new white T-shirt that we plan to decorate with HK herself and their names. We have loads of HK colouring pages, we're decorating cupcakes to take home (should be fun with a bunch of 4 & 5 year olds), pin the bow on HK (home made) plus we're making pink fizzy sundaes with cherryaide, icecream, squirty cream and cherries on top. We're cutting sandwiches into flower shapes, dipping fruit chunks into chocolate mousse in pots and having teddy bear crisps - how cool is that?
Guess I'm gettin EXCITED!

1 comment:

Your Touch of Craft said...

Sounds like my kinda party, i want to come!!!