Wednesday, 6 January 2010

Cupcake B'day

Well I made my first b'day cupcake box for the year 2010 and gave it to my work colleague today. Technically I was a couple of days late for her actual b'day but then we haven't been back at work long so it's the first real chance I've had to see her. I filled it with a pretty cupcake from the Waitrose bakery in town that I walked to especially to get and a balloon and candle. She promised she would light it and blow up the balloon at home tonight.



I used the cute origami box (posted in an earlier valentine projects post) which had a really neat way of opening and decorated it with these fab vintage style cupcake papers featuring ribbons, lacey doilies in pink and brown and of course various cupcakes!
I used a 12" x 12" sheet of kraft card stock which was enough to make the box, a mini card (3" x 3") and even a large tag to decorate and a smaller tag that I stamped 'YUM' onto. Not bad going for just a single sheet of cardstock huh?


This one is an exact replica of the one I gave today and this actual one will be going to my God-daughter on Sunday. I figured there is just enough room to tuck a gift card or money inside as well so I can give her a little something extra. I am considering a mini b'day banner made from mini triangle's with a letter on each one - think that might be cute too.

After that I have another one to make for my grand-daughter Maddycakes for 13th January and then one for my sister whose b'day is 27th January and then it's on to February b'days.

I figure I am gonna cut out a whole years worth of these boxes with all the various pieces to decorate and get them made up ready and waiting. Would love to see a 'male b'day' version made up.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Sue this is just adorable!!!! Stunning infact.
Anne x