Sunday, 10 January 2010

In the Mood for Love?

I spent yesterday over at Amanda's Mildenhall store trying to get people in the mood for love - or at least get ready for Valentine's Day. I know, I know, I know Christmas has only just gone but the weeks fly by so much faster these days and in order to be prepared you have to start early.

Saying that I need to spend an afternoon on my own Valentine's projects. I always gave home made treats to the girls when they were young and I still like the idea today. Nothin says lovin better than home made right?

Anyhow here are my projects from yesterday's efforts.

This was a quick and easy pizza box. I have just realised I have never posted a tutorial for this quick little box that holds mini cards perfectly (at least if I did I can't find it on the blog). I will try to post a tutorial for one of these today or tomorrow if I can get some photos taken.


Decorate it up with some pretty paper and some sort of embellishment on the top and it's a really quick gift item too. I used Bo Bunny papers and even a round sticker sentiment that works just great.


Next I duplicated my little 'love letter' envelope project. Besides demonstrating to the gals on base who craft, my day is also about making samples for the store so I copied a few projects so we could have one in each store. The one on the left uses an embellishment from a whole 12" x 12" sheet plus a stamped text and the one on the right uses a sticker from the same range.


The stickers make it quick and easy to make a card. This one consists of a single square sticker mounted onto a scrap of light pink cardstock, trimmed and then mounted onto an embossed square of red cardstock and then the whole thing is stuck onto a pink mini card base. It's the sticker that makes it look like more work is involved. See - you CAN craft even if you don't have much time!


I'm calling this shot 'spot the mistake'. I was creating the card on the right and decided the decorative strip would look good going down the left side but somehow between moving it to die cut the hearts and stamp the text I got it turned around and must've been too busy to notice.


My heart punched border (MS punch) is upside down when it wasn't supposed to be. I didn't actually notice it until I was packing away and taking photos. Guess I goofed!

I re-created my 'cupcake' box and just decorated it up differently. There was so much interest in this box that I'm hoping it might be a class project but we will have to wait and see.


This is just another shot. I am having sooooo much fun using these alphabet stamps (I've had for several years now) to create my text. I do have Valentine text stamps but that just begs the questions 'where did you get these'? or 'do you sell these'? and when they're sets I've had that are no longer around or sometimes not available in the UK it makes it difficult if I use them on samples.
I can get away with using these alphabet stamps cos I figure a simple letter stamp set can be purchased in most good craft stores right? Heck, most of have at least one in our craft kit (or at least we should have).

Finally I'm sharing this 'candy cone' that was made using half of a fancy scroll sheet of decorative paper. I cut it directly in half and curled it around until I liked the cone. I trimmed just a very thin wedge off to make the curves and points match up and to put the seam at the side for a neater appearance. I punched two holes on either side and added a strip of cardstock for a handle. All it's missing is a tag for the name or message and this could be added either to the bow on the bag or at the side to the handle.
To make the bag for filling it I took a rectangle clear bag and folded it so it formed a cone shape and taped it in place with a clear tape. Then I filled it with red hot canies and tied it closed with a pretty ribbon.
One of the customers noted it would be great for a 'May Day' hanging basket too. You can get two of these out of a single scrolled sheet so they're not expensive at all. I might be looking at the Christmas papers next year - hhmmmmm?

No comments: