Firstly you have to understand that Dave and I seldom get much time to ourselves. Sometimes it seems as though we're not allowed to have 'us' time! Our weekend started on Friday with a 'date' - dinner and a movie.
We both came home from work thinking how nice would it be to go for dinner and a movie'? We have never been posh restaurant people so it was off to Pizza Hut and then to see Stardust - a great 'feel good' movie. We ditched the car in favour of walking (good exercise) and had a lovely evening.
Saturday started with a long lie in and then a full cooked breakfast - something we seldom have time for. We even managed a bit of shared prayer time - something else we struggle to find time to do together.
THEN THE WEEKEND GOT EVEN BETTER THAN THAT!!!!
I decided since the kids (24 & 26yrs) hadn't collared us to do something or other for them we would make a day of it so we headed off to Soham, Ely so I could check out Capture The Magic.
It was magical alright!
Who knew that behind these doors hid a treasure trove of crafting goodies - I had no idea it was sooooooo big!
I have sooooo gotta share with you what was inside! First of all I was like a kid let loose in a candy store - "I want one of those, and one of those, and this, and that...."
Secondly I finally met Vicky (left). We had talked via phone so I already thought she was nice but she was even nicer in person and even though we women never like pictures of ourselves she was happy to pose with me. How nice is that? Very friendly.
Can you see what I mean by the store in the background? The best is yet to come!
This is Michelle - another lovely lady (never met a crafter I didn't like) and who works with Vicky - Michelle I want YOUR job! And did you ever think your picture would be posted on the web? Did you know there was another reason for having your hair done?
I hope these gals like seeing themselves and I soooo hope they get into blogging. I love all the American sites but I think we British gals can do this stuff just as well.
Sorry - I'm wandering!
Would you just look at those paper racks!
BUT THERE'S SOOOOOO MUCH MORE!!!!!!!!
This was just the Doodlebug section (one of them anyway) and I loooovvee Doodlebug - so cute!
Then there was this....
...and this......
...and this......
AND THAT STILL ISN'T ALL OF IT!!!!!
I am soooooo going to take my crafting buddies here - actually since I don't drive they will be taking me - but I will be navigating the way so they need me along for the ride.
I also can't wait to add this to a 'field trip' for the gals at our Crafty Women's group. Who needs Alli Pally or NEC when this is on your doorstep? Jilly if you're reading this I can soooooo feel a girlie day coming on.
I did a bit of shopping for Christmas and got these lovely Doodlebug mats with matching knives. They have the cutest little jewelled flower on the top. Check them out online too at http://www.capturethemagic.biz
I got the blue set for myself and the other 2 are going to somebody (wonder who?) for Christmas. I can't wait to decorate the paint can - will post a picture when I've done it.
I also got loads of lovely papers to play with too. Who wouldn't be inspired by these? Doodlebug again - told you I looovvee them didn't I. Some of these will be used for altered journals for gift giving - can't wait!
Then I thought I'd have a play with something 'seasonal' so I chose these papers.
And I even managed to find these papers for those times when I want to make something for one of my Christian friends that expresses our faith. These would make lovely journals too.
I wanted to rush right home and start crafting but instead we spent a lovely day walking around Ely - what a pretty town.
The day was finished off by barn dancing at church for our minister's BIG 50! - I just love barn dancing - it's the only time Dave will dance and it's so much fun and what a workout you get!
The weekend is still on so today we're off to church. One of the kids finally called - she wants to go too. Dave and I have offered to do coffee's so at least I feel it's not all about me. I am still the most selfish person I know (even though I'm told otherwise).
Dave is off the the allotment this afternoon and guess where I'm headed? TO MY CRAFT ROOM! I will post my creations asap so watch this space!
2 comments:
I don't know anyone else who gets so excited over scrapbooking or stamping. Only my daughter-in-(love). Just a little licensing there. She does have a million ideas and knows how to put them to work. I love being on the receiving end of some of her ideas.
Wow, fame at last!
Hi Suzie, great to meet you, look forward to seeing you again in the near future
take care
Michelle
Post a Comment