Monday, 15 October 2007

Mom's Christmas Pressie 2006

I made these goodies for my mom-in-law last year for Christmas using


















one of the tapestry stamp sets - peruvian lily
http://www.rubberstamptapestry.com/

I took all the pieces over to the states with me and then purchased a lovely fabric lined basket to put them all in. Each one was hand decorated using the stamps which come with instructions on how to layer them up. You could also use the See-D morsels to do this if you have them. I have both but I prefer these.



















I created a free standing calendar to use on a desk or table top. I love to use my computer when I craft so I often create text or other design elements and then work 'real crafting' around them.


The ribbon unties to change the month and since there are no days it becomes a perpetual calendar that can be used again and again.


















I created a card holder and added several handmade cards inside ready for mom to use.

To the left of this photo you can just make out a vellum envelope which I used to tuck postage stamps into.


Some of the cards had quotes and some had scripture on them. Mom is a christian too and I like to craft my faith when I can.





I decorated this pretty plastic jar and filled it with little peppermint candies. This would've made a nice gift all on it's own.





I have used this piece of scripture when I have given a basket of our homegrown produce from the allottment or when giving some other food gift. It works nicely for a food basket for harvest festival as well.






















I added all kinds of extra little bits as I was inspired. The smaller tags were designed to add to a wrapped gift or gift bag. The larger tags are actually a 'dates to remember' tag book with a different tag for each month and lines to write special days to remember like anniversaries and birthdays.


The scripture on the front says 'I thank my God for every remembrance of you'.

The plastic covered square is a fridge magnet and the keyring is self explanatory.



Sometimes a journal or notebook doesn't have to be fancy ribbons down the spine and lots of decoration. Sometimes it just calls for simple but effective.





I loved the combination of the black and blue because the little dragonflies and wisps were stamped in charcoal so it matched perfectly. The notebook I purchased was plain black so the colour scheme just naturally came


together.





This stationery set was actually what started the whole theme. I had printed scripture in fine print on a good quality paper - concord I believe - and stamped around it and on the envelopes to make a lovely set of hand stamped writing paper to sell at the country market.

I was so inspired by it that I then began looking for other ways to use these stamps and began creating the rest of the items you see here. If you are reading this post and there is the final basket pictured you know I found the photo of the finished article. As I write this I am still looking for it.

The writing paper flew off the stall at the market and I'm sure if I made more they would sell too - I simply haven't had time! It takes a whole lot of time and effort to create something like this basket full of hand crafted goodies so it's something you create for someone special - that's mom.

No comments: