Sunday, 4 May 2014

Surprise Gifts

I have been waiting for a while now to share a card that I made using a surprise gift kindly sent to me by Claire at WMS and now that she has released it I'm guessing it's finally okay to do just that - well I hope so anyways.

 
I purchased the simple sprig mini stamp set some time ago and in fact have purchased several more of this cute set since for workshops.  I go back to it time and again too.  It makes a perfect 'intro' set for anyone who hasn't tried Waltzing Mouse stamps before and was so easy to teach and design with.
 
I emailed Claire and said if she ever made the die for this set I was most definately going to have to buy it.  If you don't yet know what kind of sweet lady Claire is - let me tell you.  She tucked the die in with a back order item that I was waiting for as a wee gifty.  Isn't that just the sweetest?  She has done sweet things like this ever since I have known her. 
 
There is no need between friends to feel you have to immediately return the gift with another offering but every now and then when I think about it I send something along her way 'just because'.  I will wait a while and surprise her out of the blue.  Isn't that just so exciting?  The thought of putting together a package, of how surprised someone might be when it gets delievered to the door, the excitement of opening it up - oh I love the whole package thing - getting them AND giving them.  My family joke that I get more excited about the packaging but really it's that someone thought kindly of me - enough to put together a paqckage for me and send it.
 
 
Okay, enough waffing on and mushy stuff, back to the card in hand.  I can't explain just why I like black inked images on coloured card stock but I do.  There is just something so strikiing about all the detail when you use black ink.  I actually die-cut the small sprig leaves and then stamped them up afterwards.  I used just two sprigs on this card and spread them out across the width of the card.  The background 'chicken wire' stamp is also from WMS.
 
 
I added some 'bling' gem swirls and used my tracing wheel to add faux stitch lines.  I also chose to have a pretty scalloped edge to the front of the card so I trimmed ther front a bit shorter than the back, stamped up using a further WMS round stamp from the 'Rescue Remedies' set on a strip of pink, cut it out by hand creating the scalloped strip and adhered it to the inside of the front of the card level with the back so it would stand nicely.
 
 
And then I took a shot to show off some of the lovely 3D going on here.  I stamped up a few more leaves on the scraps of green paper left over from the first run through with the die.  Next I clipped them off individually and 3D'd them behind a few of the leaves in the sprig.  Once I'd 3D'd the flowers the whole thing was popping off the card.
 
I've already given this card away so it's now long since gone but I did enjoy looking at it for a while at least before letting it go and it did go to someone really special so that made it much easier to part with it.
 
Blessings
 
Suezie

No comments: