Today is his birthday and after such a busy time with our youngest Grandson's baby baptism I couldn't find time to get hubby's card made. Add to that I hadn't gotten out anywhere special to get a gift and I just couldn't find the WMS stamp set I had in mind to use so it looked like it was heading for disaster.
We changed our original plans for today to boot and so he went down the allotment this morning giving me an opportunity to make a quick start. Part way through today we did manage a nice pub lunch together but after that he was in and out the house like a yo yo!
I managed to finish it but it was right at teh very last minute and just before we headed out to the Abbey Gardens with the family for an impromptu picnic to enjoy some R & R and take in the sunshine (vitiamin D).
This is how it turned out. I had plans to use my WMS 'my kind of guy' stamp set but just couldn't lay my hands on it. I went through my baskets of WMS stamps that I keep in CD cases and found everything else but not the set I needed to lay my hands on. Fortunately I'd managed to grab a gift card in the grocery store which caught my eye because of the 'man card' theme which made me think of this set when I saw it.
Because the card was full of masculine type images and text including a moustache on the carrier card I decided to improvise and remove the gift card, cut up the carrier card and make do. Recycling as a necessity!
I cut the main text into a strip to set the theme for the card.
Using the carrier card meant that I needed somewhere to put the gift card so a quick cut with the WMS envelope die was the perfect answer - my Big Shot was still out from making the cupcake pokes so this took me seconds to cut and it looked great on the front of the card. It was all shaping up nicely thanks you very much.
Next I added a green fold over slip to tuck the gift card into and used an image on the front of the carrier card adedd 3D as a tab to pull out the card. Because I had made this tab 3D it sat nicely over the envelope.
And because there was a second image the same I used it inside the cardas well to mirror the theme on the front.
And there you have it - one quick, easy masculine card made on the hop.
Hubby knew to pull the tab without being told so I guess it worked well. And would you believe it? When I went looking for a last little bit of equipment to finish off this card I found the missing WMS stamp set!!! I told myself to look in that basket but then shook off the idea thinking there's no way it would be in there. I sooooo have to be better organised with my crfat stuff. Anyone got a room my daughter can rent so I can have my craft room back LOL!
Will post a few more shots later. For now enjoy :-)
Blessings
Suezie






No comments:
Post a Comment