Sunday, 4 May 2014

My Mother - The Crafter!

It may be increasingly difficult for my mother to craft as easily as she used to but she still manages to craft a bit now and then.  Yesterday whilst hubby was out with Zach for the evening I spent some time with her.  I had a few kits left over from a recent workshop for Caring For Life so I let her have them and gave her her very own private workshop.

 
We have a really fun girly time together when we're crafting and mum is almost ALWAYS in need fo a card for some occasion or another.  WShilst I took along my Big Shot and the WMS funky flower dies and stamps she much preferred to cut out the flowers by hand.  The die leaves a border but you can cut much closer by hand.  I don't mind either way - it's nice to have a choice but since everything else in the pack was already cut out I guess mum felt she should do something at least.
 
 
Mum reaally gets engrossed in what she's doing and I love seeing her being creative.  I'm not really sure where I get my 'creative gene' from but I'm sure some of it is from my mother.  She worked in a florists for a time and has always knitted or crocheted so she has a crafty gene herself.
 
 
These flowers look fabulous stamped up in big, bold colours.  I try to keep a pot of pre-stamped and die-cut flowers and leaves on hand for those 'quick crafting' moments when you need a card or a tag in a hurry.  I am loving the tag dies released yesterday over at WMS I have to say - they've already been added to my growing wish list for a future date.  Imagine how my mother would like those?  Anything quick and fairly easy means we can get a few more done in an evenig than maybe one or two.
 
I will share another project using these funky flowers on here tomorrow.  For now it's been a very long day with an early start for church since we visited St George's as a family of 7 at 9.00 am service and a full on day with our own church service this evening.  I've been posting and catching up on emails ever since we got home and now I'm yawning my head off and it's after 10.00 pm.  I'm pretty sure it's time to give up and head off to Bedfordshire. 
 
Oh I forgot!  I stripped the bed this morning so it needs making before I can climb into it.  I need to go find that hubby of mine I guess.  I rarely make the bed on my own - much, much easier with two.  I guess then I'm off to go make my bed and climb right into.
 
Will catch up a bit more tomorrow.
 
Hugs
 
Suezie

No comments: